"No one's bringing you back this time, are they?"

Calling the number once had been nerve-wracking for Camila.

Twice...well, it's safe to believe that she was completely beside herself. But she knew she needed to, if she wanted to have any idea of Lucy's whereabouts she had to make the call.

Lauren answered after the third ring, her voice was groggy as she said her 'Hello' and Camila nearly slapped herself for not considering the time differences.

It was that point in her life again where she had no idea where or when she was, just that she had to perform and put on a false smile for other's enjoyment.

"Shit, Lauren, I'm so sorry."

"Camila?"

"Camila's on the phone?" The brunette heard a separate voice in the background.

"Hang on, babe, I should take this." Camila knew Lauren wasn't talking to her so she waited until the green-eyed girl spoke again. "What's going on?"

"I'm looking for Lucy."

"Stop looking," Lauren spoke in a clipped tone, grogginess forgotten. "Stay away from her, Camila. Go on with your life and forget about her."

"No, Lauren, listen-"

"You should've listened." The raven-haired girl bit out. "You should've given her a chance, you should've remembered the times she looked out for you. She fucked up once but she's human, she was bound to, and you let her walk away broken. You did that. So don't look for her anymore, stay away from her, let her heal like she did before. I've got this, I know how to make sure Lucy's okay."

"No, Lauren, you don't get it, okay?" Camila raised her voice so she could get the upper hand in the conversation. "I'm in love with her. I love her and I should've told her that and I didn't. Instead I did something stupid, I made her believe that I wanted what I had with you and I don't. I wanted more and she gave me more, okay? So I fucked up, I know that, but Lucy and I deserve the chance at me making things right. We deserve that. Tell me where she is, I'll fly there tonight, I just need this chance, Lauren. I swear to God I'll make it worth it."

"She loves you," Lauren warned. "Probably more than I ever could. So if you hurt her again, Camila, then you're cut off from Miami. I don't ever want to see you near us again, you understand me? She deserves more than what you gave her."

"I plan to give her that more, Lauren," The brunette spoke with conviction. "She gave me a piece of the world, I plan to give her the entirety of it."

"She's here, she's staying in our spare room for now. I don't trust her on her own."

"I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Camila," The green-eyed girl sighed. "My girlfriend...she's hesitant about you. She knows how much you...she knows what you mean to me. So just...be mindful of that, please?"

"Of course," The younger girl nodded despite Lauren not being able to see. "I'm there for Lucy, Laur, getting to see you would just be a nice bonus."

"I'll see you soon."

"You will." Camila hung up, resolve set in her mind as she began booking her flights back home.

It was only later that she informed Roger of her plans and almost lost her head for it, but her manager, out of the kindness of his heart, managed to postpone a couple of her shows to accommodate her impromptu trip home.

And the sole reason Roger didn't put up much of a fight was because he saw the light return to Camila's eyes. They were smiling again without her lips having to do so, there was a certain glimmer in them that Roger hadn't seen in too long. So of course he could allow Camila her time if it meant that glimmer stuck around. By this point he'd far surpassed his status as a manager, he liked to think of himself as Camila's friend, despite having to make the tough decisions sometimes.