3. Caught by Surprise

Harry's POV

Draco and I sat in the library during lunchtime, the only place we could go that was free of students at this hour. I wasn't sure what exactly had compelled me to help him, and honestly, it kind of scared me. After hating Draco for years, I just offer him help? Maybe he's right...maybe I do have a crush. That's ridiculous, I told myself. You're just trying to be nice, nothing more. But if that was true, why do I keep staring at his smooth, shiny blonde hair?

"Harry, stop daydreaming," Draco said, rolling his eyes.

I shook my head quickly to clear my thoughts. "Sorry," I muttered, my face turning bright red. "So, are you finally going to tell me what happened to you?"

Draco sighed and nodded. "Okay, well, to put it in simplest terms, I was dumped," he said with a frown, his fingers fiddling with his green and silver striped tie.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I whispered, not exactly sure how to respond to this. "I didn't even know you had a girlfriend..."

Draco chuckled a bit and smirked at me. "I didn't have a girlfriend, Potter," he muttered.

I bit my lip and nodded in understanding. So Draco was dating a boy...interesting.

"So, um, what exactly did he say to you?" I asked cautiously.

"That's my business, Potter," he snapped, going back to normal Draco mode. "All that matters is that I was dumped. End of story."

I sighed and put up my hands defensively. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I know how hard relationships can be."

Draco scoffed. "You're kidding, right?" he asked. "Famous Harry Potter understands what I'm going through? Please. Girls only like you because you're famous...don't even think for a second that they care about your personality. And you have no idea what's it's like for me...to be dating someone, but have to hide him from my other friends, and especially my family."

I clenched my fists, but tried to stay calm. "Some peolple actually happen to like me for me," I replied, now standing up and gripping the edge of the table. Draco was really starting to get on my nerves.

Draco stood up, too, rolling his eyes. "We both know that's a lie," he said through clenched teeth, walking over to me so that we stood face to face. "Besides, what do you know about having to hide things from your parents? You're straight, and your parents are dead."

That was the last straw. I grabbed Draco's shoulders and tackled him to the ground, pinning him beneath me and holding my wand to his throat. "Don't you dare talk about my parents," I hissed.

Draco's eyes widened and he winced slightly, then caught me by surprise and rolled over so that I was pinned to the ground. He searched my face, his grey eyes betraying the fear that he felt. Without saying a word, Draco grabbed my collar and pulled me up slightly, pressing his lips to mine.

I gasped, and he pulled away quickly, scrambling to get off of me and running as fast as he could out of the library.