6. May I Have This Dance?

Draco's POV

It was the night of the ball, and I had my nice dress robes on. I had spent half an hour to get my hair just right, and now I was standing outside the Slytherin common room, waiting for Harry.

He arrived a few minutes later, looking equally dashing. He held a white rose in one hand, and he extended the other one towards me. "Shall we be going?" he asked with a smile.

I blushed darkly and nodded, taking his hand. "Indeed we shall," I replied as he handed me the rose. I placed it in the lapel of my robes and met Harry's eyes, smirking slightly.

We walked down the hall together, then entered the ballroom, our arms linked. I bit my lip as a few students started to stare. After all, no one expected two boys to go together, especially us.

We got to the center of the room, and I bowed slightly, holding out my hand to Harry. "May I have this dance?" I asked politely.

"Certainly," he replied, taking my hand. We started dancing, and I was surprised to find that he was pretty good at it.

We continued to dance, and we seemed to get closer to each other the more we did so. Pretty soon, both of my arms were around Harry's waist, and my head rested gently on his shoulder.

I was a bit surprised that holding Harry felt so good. Honestly, I never wanted to let go. I sighed happily and lifted my head, staring into his eyes. "You know, Potter," I said slowly, "I'm actually enjoying this a lot. What about you?"

Harry nodded in agreement. "Trust me, Draco, I'm loving it," he said with a chuckle. "How long did it take you to do your hair all fancy?"

I bit my lip, my cheeks turning pink. "Oh, um...about thirty minutes," I admitted, looking down at my shoes.

"Really?" Harry asked with a chuckle, raising one eyebrow. "You did all that just for me? That's kind of cute."

My whole face turned red. "Oh, um...heh, thanks," I mumbled awkwardly.

Harry smiled and cupped my face in his hand, lifting it up so our eyes met. He took a deep breath and leaned forward, kissing my lips gently.

My heart fluttered in my chest, and I pulled Harry closer, kissing him back deeply. I then pulled away slightly, a bit embarrassed. "Maybe we should go somewhere more private?" I suggested, looking around at all of the people staring at us.

"Yeah, that's a good idea," Harry said with a nod, taking my hand and pulling me out of the ballroom. "Where should we go? Slytherin common room?"

I nodded quickly. "Yeah, that works," I said with a mischievous grin, leading Harry down the hall. "The ball doesn't end for a few hours, so we have a lot of time to ourselves."

Harry smirked and followed me, slipping one hand into my back pocket. "That sounds lovely."

***************

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to vote and/or comment :3