Welcome back

"Robert, she is ready." announced Susan as she entered their bedroom. Robert was just putting on a sexy three-piece suit by Tom Ford. He turned around and look surprised.

"Yes? You sure?" Susan nodded and smiled.

"I've talked with her for a bit and she is pretty sure that she is ready."

"That's good, she won't be in pain afterwards ever again." he said smiling, glad that the girl eventually came around. 

"You know what I thought?" asked Susan and Robert shook his head while sorting the sleeves of his shirt out. She walked up to him, helped him with the sleeves and putting his tie in it's correct place. "How about we adopt her afterwards?" His head shot up. "She doesn't have anybody and you love her too, don't you try to deny it."

"Uhm...well..." Susan laughed.

"Just say it."

"Well yes, she is a quite nice girl.."

"Liar." She looked at him sternly, waiting for another answer.

"Okay, okay! Yes, I do! Happy?" She nodded, put her hands around his neck and looked deep into his eyes.

"We have to be there for her afterwards."

"Of course."

"We need to have some blood ready and contact Doctor Miller."

"She has to tell her friends the news." Robert said a bit sadly

"Yes, I know."

"They won't like it." 

"Yeah but they better accept it! Their friend is in pain so for god's sake, they better shut up!" Robert laughed.

"Fierce." He pulled her into his arms, then slowly looked away from hear. "I'm afraid that I'll kill her." She slowly turned his head back to her.

"Why?"

"She's sick and unstable, what if she won't survive?" 

"Oh Robert. She will, she's a strong girl." He nodded, trusting her judgement. "You won't hurt her." Susan reached for his hand and pulled him with her. "C'mon, let's go." Robert interlocked his fingers with hers and walked downstairs where Evelyn sat on the couch, staring out the window. He cleared his throat and she turned around.

"You're ready?" Evelyn nodded. He sat next to her and sighed. "I'm not gonna lie to you, it will be painful but then you'll never have to be in pain again." he informed her gently, smiling a bit. 

"Okay." Robert came closer and put his hands on either side of her neck, pulling her closer to him. Evelyn flinched, close to crying. Robert sighed again and let her go. 

"Just a sec." He stood up and walked to a cabinet in the living room, pulling out a black box. He opened it and inside were some medical supplies, including several syringes. Robert pulled one out, unpacked it and made sure it was ready, then he approached Evelyn again.

"Woah!" she cried and shuffled back. "What is that, what are you going to do?" Now tears were running down her cheeks. 

"Shh, don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you." Robert assured and stroked her arm. "You're far to tense and scared, I'll help you with that." He grabbed her arm and started to sterilize the area where he wanted to put the needle in.

"But what is in there?"

"Some drugs to make you feel calm and relaxed. If you're so tense and scared, the whole process will hurt even more." Robert explained and looked deeply into her eyes, assuring her that he only wanted her best. He gently inserted the needle and waited for several minutes until Evelyn calmed down a bit. Robert placed his hand on her throat again, searching for a good sport, which he quickly found. He smiled at her one last time before he sank his fangs into her neck. Evelyn screamed bloody murder for a couple of seconds before she passed out. Robert held onto her limp body until he finished drinking, then he scooped her up to carry her upstairs to bed. 

"It will take some time until she wakes up." he said as Susan covered the girl with a blanket. 

"She's starting to get pale." she noticed and Robert nodded.

"She is dying." Susan couldn't hold back her tears only longer and touched the girls cold hand and cried even harder. "It's so sad that someone so young has to die so early."

"Aw, no." Robert pulled her into his arms. "She'll wake up again, you know that. Only the human part of her is dying. It's the right way." 

For 10 hours, nothing changed.

"Why isn't she waking up? It all happened so fast when you changed me."

"That's because you were healthy and she isn't." Susan nodded,understanding what he meant and trying to calm down her nerves.

Robert bent over her to see if anything changed when Evelyn suddenly opened her eyes, they were bright red.

---------

That was 'Daybreakers'! I hope you liked it. The sequel 'Nightbreakers' will be up soon. Follow Evelyn on her journey as Vampire and will Robert finally find a suitable replacement with the help of Evelyn and her friends? And what is going on between Susan and Anderson?

And a happy birthday to our man! Can't believe he is 52, he ages like fine wine and looks better every year ;)