CHAPTER 3

It had been a week since he was following the young lady named Cheska. He learned  more as he continued to dig around.
She had been living in this small town for five years. She was managing a small shop that was left from her friend. She even took time to have extra income just to pay off the house that she just bought.
Every day he watched her and everyday he reported to him. He didn't question him nor didn't ask why.
He practically knew why.
FLASHBACK:
It had been a week since. He saw Cheska ran out of the office without even battering a greeting when bumping to him. He didn't ran after her. He was called out in the office. When he was about to enter the room, he heard, "Who was that?!" It was Miss Rosenburg high-pitch voice rang to his ears.  He hesitated to knock.
"Is that girl the one you prefer to MARRY instead of us?" She asked again but still the response was the same. He couldn't hear anything from the guy inside the room.
"Answer me! Louis!" Her voice was cracking.  He was about to knock the door. "Get out Simone" he said, "Before I lost it" he added. He immediately took the que to knock on the door.

-end of flashback-
"Is she smiling?" He heard thru the phone. It was unexpected for his part. He has known Mr. Louis Jhonson Priatt. He was never the one to care for someone nor ask about someone. He was  a cruel person.
"Yes. She is smiling a lot. I think she is happy here, sir" he responded honestly.
Silence followed. He could only hear his heavy breath as if he was deep in thoughts. "Keep watch..." he paused, "Never let any parasite come to her" he added before hanging up.
He thought deeply. It was a warning for him. He was a sharp fellow. He might sensed  how he got soft to the young lady.
"You have caught someone beyond you, Miss Lopez" he mumbled.