CHAPTER 5

"MOMMY" Nicole's scream was heard. Cheska woke up and jumped out of bed. She ran to where she thought her child will be.
In the living room, she found her child scared facing the man in suit. He was not thin nor lean. He was buffed. "Don't be scared little girl" he tried to calm the kid down. "Get away from my child" Cheska said as she grabbed the wooden chair. She was preparing herself to attack the man without hesitation. But when he turned to face her. She froze.
She knew him. He was the man who was always with Louis. She couldn't forget that face. He was one of those people who witnessed their love story. He was the one who shielded her for any unwanted attacks from Louis' ex-lovers when she would be out with Louis.
"Mike? What are you doing here?" She put down the chair and went closer to them. The kid ran to her side without reserved. She clung herself as her mother continued to talk to the stranger.
"And how did you get in?" She added as she looked at the main door.
"Security is too light, miss" he said.
"Sir Priatt said I should stay here. He want you and his child safety to be my top priority, miss" Cheska looked at him as if he was talking nonsense. From what she knew, she and Louis were over.
"I think you have seen the interview that he refuse to marry Miss Rosenburg. Her family was not happy" he explained. She still didn't get the picture. She asked her daughter to ran back to her room to play while she talked to the man.
"And what might he think that Nicole is his? We were over five years ago" she said as if playing innocent. Mike looked at her carefully. He knew that she was acting.
"Nicole is not his. I had a one night-stand after our break up and bear Nicole at that night" she said casually as she sat down. Mike smiled at her as if anticipated her excuses. He handed down an envelop.
"Please read inside"

"99.9% matched" she read. Her eyes showed how surprise she was. She didn't know where he got this result nor when did this happen. "I took sample not too long ago, miss. Sir Louis already read the report and immediately came here. But you were exhausted earlier that he didn't wake you up" he said. She dropped the result down to the table. Her mind was a mess. She didn't get it why he bother.
"If he was just here to settle his obligation, you can tell him that I don't need one. I can take care of my child alone" she said. Clearly, she was upset. She could remember that day. Her tears would not stop at that day as she was in deep sorrows.
"Don't you want her to know her father, miss?" He asked. Cheska went silent. She looked back to the direction where her child was. She knew it would not be long for her to be ask the same question. "For now Mike, I want him to stay away from us. Can you please get out" she said as she pointed out the door. Mike looked at her carefully. He nodded.
"I will be just outside the house, miss" he said and went away.
Cheska sat down. She breath deeply. She looked back to where her child be and back to the envelop on top of her table. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know that he would be interested to have his child. They never discuss this things before. She did remember mesmerizing a happy couple with a child, he plainly ignored her and didn't say anything. From then on, she did avoid to talk to him about having a family.
She stood and went slowly to her child. She snuck to the door as she peeked her child playing house.
"I love you daddy" she voice as the baby doll placed together with a man doll. "I'm home" she voice as the man. She let the doll kiss to the woman doll and the kid doll.
Cheska could not stop herself from crying. She did not want Nicole be known from the whole world. She wanted her only baby with her forever. She could not bare the thought of losing her as she continued to watch her from the door. But she knew what she have to do.
She went outside and called, "Mike"