Nineteen

Stiles

As the paramedics, Melissa, Argent, Coach, Malia and Lydia entered the room Stella's eyes closed. "NOO" I heard Melissa shout as she tried to make it over to Stella. She was being held back by Argent. Tears left my eyes as the paramedics took her from my arms and placed her on a stretcher. The took Stella down to the ambulance and everyone was crowded around the ambulance waiting to see what happened. Kyle was being put into a police car. I decided to go in the back of the ambulance with Stella. Scott got in too. Melissa and Argent along with Malia and Lydia followed behind in Argent's car. I was holding Stella's hand as the paramedics tried to revive her. "W-why isn't it working?" I asked Scott. "I don't know" he replied. I could tell that he was listening out for Stella's heart beat. A few minutes later we arrived at the hospital and ran down the halls with Stella in the stretcher. When we hit the ER we were told we couldn't go any further than this as Stella needed surgery to get the bullet out. And they explained to us that they will try everything they can. Just then Lydia, Melissa, Argent and Malia came running down the hall. "Where is she?" Argent asked. "They took her to the Emergency Room. They're gonna try remove the bullet and see if they can stop the bleeding" Scott informed him. "So she's breathing?" Lydia asked. "For now yeah, but anything could happen" Scott replied. Tears were streaming down my face. I took a seat in the waiting room. I placed my hands over my mouth and bit my fingers slightly. I can't lose her.

-Four Hours Later-

Its been four hours and there was no update on Stella. We were all sat in the waiting room, waiting to here news about Stella when a nurse walked in wanting to talk to us. She sat on the coffee table and we were crowded around her. "We removed the bullet successfully from Stella's abdomen. There is still some bad bleeding but we are going to stitch up the word and dress it after its been done. Stella is fine. She's breathing. She's sleeping at the minute. She might be a little disorientated when she wakes up but that's normal" she informed us. "Knowing that Stella was going to be okay, made me feel a little better. "Can we see her?" Lydia asked. "Not yet. We just have to stitch up the wound and once that's done I will come back to inform you and you can visit Stella" she smiled as she left the room. "I thought I lost her" I sat down in my seat. "We all did" Malia replied as she placed a hand on my shoulder. "I hope Kyle rots in hell" Lydia replied. "No one hurts my family and gets away with it" Chris replied.

We waited awhile and it was finally time to see Stella. I went into her room, alone. As I walked in she was sleeping. I walked over to her bed, pulled a chair from the corner of the room next to her and took her hand. I placed a kiss on her forehead. "Stiles?" She said weakly as she squeezed my hand. "It's me baby I'm here" I kissed her hand. "Are you in pain?" I asked her. "It hurts when I try sit up but no I'm okay" she said. Stella showed me the bandage that was wrapped the whole way around her abodmen, hips and her back. "The doctors said that the wound will take a few weeks to heal" she replied. "And I'll take care of you until you're 100% better" I replied to her. Stella nodded. "When can I go home?" she asked. "Not today, they need to make sure you're okay before you can leave" I informed her. Melissa walked in. "Mom" Stella said. "I'm here sweetheart" Her Mom kissed her forehead. "Mom, when can I leave?" Stella asked. "Tomorrow okay?" she informed her. I nodded. "You have got to stop winding up in hospital" her Mom joked. "I can't help it" Stella laughed.

Awhile later everyone had left except for me. I didn't want to leave Stella alone. I was sitting on the hospital chair, holding Stella's hand as we watched Friends on the hospital television. I looked over to her, her eyes glued to the TV. Her mouth curved at the edges and a small laugh left her lips. I smiled and glanced back at the TV. "Stiles?" Her sweet voice ring through my ears. "Yes baby?" I asked as I looked at her. "Can you help me sit up more? I'm not comfortable" she said. "Of course" I smiled and helped to sit Stella up more in the bed. I sat back down on my seat and looked at her. "Your Mom talked to Coach" I informed her. "Let me guess she gave him a mouthful?" she laughed a little. "I've never seen him scared of anyone before. He was so scared of your Mom" I chuckled. "Well I don't blame her. Her daughter goes to a creepy Motel that keeps record of how many murders and suicides happen there and gets shot by her Uncle while werewolves are running around acting insane. I understand why she would be mad" Stella said. Just then Stella's Dad walked in. He only ever seems to show up when Stella or Scott are in hospital or something has happened. "W-what are you doing here?" Stella asked her Dad. "I came to see my daughter" he replied. "Its because of your brother that I'm in this mess." Stella snapped. "And I understand that, I'm sorry about what Kyle did to you" he replied. "Oh really? Are you going to apologise for all the other times her hurt me too?" She snapped. "You don't care Dad. You only ever seem to give a shit about Scott. When I was missing, it must've been great for you. Only less kid to give a shit about. Well you know what? Chris has been more like a Father to me the last few months then you have ever been in my entire life" Stella replied. "Stella I do care about you" Rafe said. "No you don't. If you cared you wouldn't show up when something happens with me or Scott. If you actually cared, you'd make time to see your kids as often as you could" Stella shrugged. Just then Melissa and Scott walked in. Melissa was surprised to see Rafe. "What are you doing here?" Scott asked. "I came to check on my daughter" Rafe informed him. "You shouldn't have come here" Scott shook his head as he tried to shove his Dad out the door. "I'm entitled to see my daughter. I care about her" Rafe said. "Oh believe me Rafe if you cared about your daughter you'd have given a shit the last six years" Melissa replied. "You need to leave. NOW" Scott replied as he pushed his Father out of the door. I went outside to find Scott and his Dad arguing on the corridor.

"You know you can't just waltz in and see Stella like that" Scott said to his Father. "I need to reconnect with you and your sister" Rafe replied. "Reconnect? So you can get close to us again and then either hurt us or pack up and leave again?". "Is this still got to do with the whole stairs thing?" Rate asked. "No" Scott shook his head. "Stella clearly doesn't want me in her life" Rafe replied. "Yeah and nor do I so just do us all a favour and stay away from us. We're getting on fine without you" Scott said as he turned to walk away.

"Everything okay?" I asked. "Yeah fine" he replied as he walked back inside to Stella's room.

That night I went home to change and have a shower and see my Dad for awhile before heading back to the hospital. "Give Stella my love" My Dad said as I left the house. "Will do Pop" I replied as I shut the door behind me and headed to my jeep. When I got to the jeep, Malia was standing there. "Hey" I said. "Hey" she replied. Things have been pretty weird with me and Malia since Stella and I got together. "How's she doing?" Malia asked. "Good. She's awake" I nodded. "Good I'm glad" she smiled a little. "Uh Malia, what are you doing here?" I asked. "I just came to see how Stella was and how you are" she replied. "I'm fine" I replied. "No you're not. Your heart rate went up" she said. "God you and your were coyote senses" I laughed a little. "You also reek of anxiety" she sniffed me. "That's what happens when your girlfriend almost dies" I informed her. "I'm headed to see her now if you want to come" I informed her. "Nah I'll pass. Lydia is going to take me tomorrow. I need to find my Dad. I have to ask him something" she said. I nodded. "Call me if you need anything" she said. "Will do" I smiled. Malia started walking away. "Stiles" she said. "Yeah?" I replied as I turned to look at her. "Give Stel my love" she smiled. "I will" I smiled back and Malia continued walking down the road. I hopped into my Jeep and drove back to the hospital. When I arrived Melissa was on her computer. "Is Stella okay?" I asked. "Yeah she's fine" she sighed. "You should go home and rest. I'll stay with Stella" I informed her. "Are you sure? I don't want to leave her" she shook her head. "Go home, have a bath, read a book, go see Chris okay. I can handle this. I'll call you if anything happens alright?" I assured Melissa that everything was going to be okay. She smiled at me and tapped me on the shoulder before I made my way to Stella's room. As I opened the door, Stella was sleeping. I sat on the chair, trying to make myself comfortable. Just then I heard Stella's voice. "Stiles" she said. "Im here" I stood up. "What are you doing?" she giggled. "Trying to sleep" I informed her. "Not on that chair" she shook her head. "Where else do you expect me to sleep? in the shower?" I replied. Stella patted the small spot next to her. "We can cuddle" she smiled. I took my shoes off and hopped into bed next to Stella. She lay down and rested her head on my chest. "You feeling any better?" I asked as I played with her hair. "A little" she replied. I wrapped my arm around her and help her close to me. "You know that I will kill Kyle if he comes near you again" I informed her. "No need to" she shook her head. "He's gone and he's never coming back" she smiled a little. "I love you" I pecked her lips. "Forever" she pecked mine back. I'm so in love with her that it drives me crazy.