Spider-Man

It all started as a child. When his parents disappeared. His mother was stolen away from him. His dad leaving him behind....

Or maybe it was when he walked into the destructed room. Broken bits of the furniture laying around, papers scattered about and tables upturned.

That was the moment the first delicate strand in the intricate web that held together Peter's sanity snapped. One would believe that at such a young age the boy would simply heal, he'd adapt. He did of course. He adapted. He became paranoid as a child and the string was never rewoven. 

Then he was shoved into the custody of his relatives, a strain, but nothing that would yet hurt him... until he was told his parents were dead. Then a line was cut once again. A strand that allowed him to easily accept love. He was convinced he was alone at a young age and the bullying at school only snapped more similar lines that surrounded and protected the strongest of the strands.

Slowly, string by string, the web holding together the arachnids mind was cut away until the sturdy, artery line was visible through the mangly remains of the small strands that were still holding strong to the stresses of life yet straining to support and protect the source of Peter's ability to live.

Becoming Spider-Man, a new strand was plucked away from the web ever moment he was sure he'd done something wrong, was left alone, managed to survive and wake up bathed in his own blood. Every time he remembered his uncle, his aunt. When ever he'd remember their living words of wisdom.

It wasn't surprising that the hero had fallen into Wade's arms. His tattered and weak will to live and love after all his hardships understandable.

Wade had started to loosen the strain on the remaining weaves of the thread holding together Peter's sanity. He'd created slack, allowed the web flutter calmly in the breeze. He'd been go close to nudging the spider stuck in the center to start weaving new strands again. He was on the verge of showing how the arachnid to rebuild himself again....

And then Brendan came in and destroyed all that Peter had slowly been able to stabilize in his sad, despising life he didn't want. He didn't want one at all personally but Wade had made it quite clear that that wasn't an option on Peter's table.

Brendan snapped at all of Peter's chords that remained of his idea and ability to trust and was finally plucking on the last one. The literal ability to trust anyone was at the source of the artery spindle and Brendan was plucking at it like a guitar string.

The vibration was shaking the whole web, the spider in the center trying to cower from the source and at the same time run towards it in hopes of catching prey. The harsh pluck was making the whole of the web shake, the strands holding it together snapping with the strain and tension of the constant and harsh momentum of the energy running through it. 

All senses and ability to consciously comprehend an inability as instinct and rage over the invasion of his home led the spider on in his attack. It wasn't without reason that Peter was so arrogant and paranoid to make himself believe this intruder was the source of the problem. He didn't have the ability to comprehend anymore. Only to act. He was so hate filled, so broken. He wanted his mate back and Brendan was his obstacle.

Brendan struggled under Peter's hold. He was desperately grasping at the strong hands wrapped around his neck his legs kicked up at his attacker, eyes filled with confusion and fear as the hero hovered over him, lenses narrowed into a menacing glare. He couldn't breath. His lungs where crying out  for air.

The spider had Caught his Prey. 

"Peter!" Wade snapped somewhere. Not far away as the fire escape trembled neither the landing of the third man.

Peter didn't listen.

*Looks around tentatively for a look of mild approval*