Chapter 5

Sam wraps his arms around me, holding me close. I stay quiet, the heat from Sam keeping me warm.

"What ever happened to your family? You never talk about them?"

I suck in a breath before I answer, "I don't know I can't remember. I've told you about the memory loss."

"I know. I guess i didn't think about it. Sorry."

"It's okay." I suffered a car crash just as the turn was on progress. We were trying to get out of the city was my guess. I woke up in the camp I am in now, people saying I was the only one in the car. I wish I could remember.

Everything in my mind told me to crawl back to my sleeping bag, but my heart told me to stay. I sighed, unsure of my next move. I close my eyes, and slowly fall asleep.

I wake up, still in sam's embrace, him peacefully sleeping, lightly snoring into my hair. It's still dark out, must be the middle of the night, which is odd because I thought I heard a faint sound, unable to tell where its coming from or what kind.

I heard shuffling by the side of the tent, the moonlight casting a shadow of a human. It's ankle was twisted in an unnatural way, as it slowly drags it along the ground. A corpse. I freeze, hoping it can't sense me. It walks past our tent, into the camp.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I slowly start moving to the exit, to catch the assailant. Just as I reach for the zipper more shadows pass the tent.

Over a few dozen corpses walk past the tent, oblivious to its contents. It's the herd I led away from the camp. I didn't think they would find their way back.

I lightly shook Sam awake, putting a finger over his mouth to tell him to be quiet and I point to the shadows.

He nods once and I remove my finger.

"We need to get out of this damn tent." I whisper into his ear when there is a big gap between the corpses walking by. He nods his head and grabs his machete and I grab my knife.

We watch the shadows until we don't see any for a while. Sam slowly unzips the opening and quickly steps out. I follow and step out.

"Shit." Sam said and pointed to where they came from. A few feet away a several dozens of corpses came walking out of the forest, moans tore through the silence.

A scream erupted from the middle of camp. Gun shots roared in the air. Sam and I took off running towards the centre of camp, dodging greedy hands and vicious teeth. Everyone was running around trying to get away until realizing they were surrounded.

A corpse grabbed a little boy and started chewing on its arm, the doomed child's scream was bone chilling as it tried to pull away as blood shot into the air. I was frozen in place as he tried to flee. He cried and writhed from the corpse's harsh touch. Others started to join the corpse and brought the poor child to the ground, screams muffled by the sound of flesh and bones being ripped apart.

Sam tugged on my arm, trying to avert my attention to running away. I looked at him and saw the defeat on his face as he looked around.

"Sloan run."

"What no I'm not leaving you." I croak, surprised.

"I'll hold them off while you run into the forest over there," he points to the right. "Get as far as you can away from here. I will find you now go." He quickly kisses me passionately and shoves me towards the forest.

"What are you waiting for?! GO!!!" He screams and grabs the corpses in front of us. I take off running towards the forest. I turn and look back to see one of the corpses go in for the bite. That's all i see before I'm engulfed in trees.

I keep running as tears run down my face. I left him there to die. He's going to die because of me.

I stop realizing I'm in the meadow Sam took me to before he went on that run with Ty and the others. I sit down in the middle and pull my knees up to my chest. I don't even wipe the tears that escape and roll down my cheeks. I don't care anymore. This is the end. This is it. The corpses will eventually wander out of camp and find me if some didn't follow me already. At least I tried.

"Holy shit what a gong show back there. Never seen so many corpses in my life. I was nearly a midnight snack." I slowly look up to meet Ty's face.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was hoarse from crying.

"I followed you. Thought you would like some company." His grin lopsided from his split lip. I dry my eyes with my sweater sleeve, not looking at him.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" He asks curiously.

I shrug as he sits beside me, the moonlight allowing me to see his broken nose. I smile a little, remembering the look of triumph on sam's face when he told me.

"I'm sorry for hitting Sam. It was self defence." He apologizes, trying to make me talk.

"You shouldn't have kissed me." My voice emotionless as I stare at the moon.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." He shrugs. I look at him and decide to let it go. He catches me staring and smiles. I return it gladly. He turns so he's facing me and pulls a twig out of my hair. I quietly laugh as he stares at it, perplexed.

"Sloan?"

"Yeah?"

"Do I have permission to kiss you?"

I didn't answer him. Instead I pressed my lips to his, avoiding the part that's split. I catch him surprised but he quickly recovers and kisses me back. I move my hands to his hair and gently tug, getting a moan in response.

I quickly pull away, baffled. Why did i do that. Ugh I am so stupid.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry?" Ty stares at me dumbfounded.

"I shouldn't have done that."

"What pull my hair cause that was hot, or kiss me in general?"

"Kiss you." I cover my face with my hands, embarrassed. Why me?

We sit in silence for what seemed like hours because the sun started rising, until I hear a cough behind me. I turn around to see Sam standing there with a bloody machete in his hand.

I ran towards him and embrace him in a hug. I cry into his chest, glad that he's alright. He strokes my hair saying, "it's okay baby I got you. I'm okay." I look up at him, only to realize he isn't looking at me, he's smirking at Ty.

A/n:

I apologize for the Liam's 10 inch in my bio I can't get it off I'm sorry. 100% blame to my friend.