Chapter 9

~Pierce The Veil - Besitos~

9

Sloan's POV

Is it just me or did all the air in the room get sucked out. Sam let go of me but held on to my hand. The three of us just stared at each other, while the others were fighting the corpses.

"We have to go before this building burns to the ground!" The ginger yells at the person in front of us. He's right, the long bar was lit, making the inside of place smokey and hard to breathe in.

"Fine, Trevor, Gabe let's go. You two come with us." We nod and follow them out the back door.

James' POV

There was four cars in front of ours. The survivors. I drive silently on the pavement of the road, careful not to hit stray animals or lonely corpses. The four of us are quiet, not talking. Dean and his wife Alice are in the back and Jackie is sleeping beside me.

I speed up, passing all the cars and parked on the side of the road, just as the last of the sun went down. Everyone got out of the cars and just stood there, staring at me. I counted them.

Ben, Leroy, Alice, Dean, Jackie, Dan and his little girl Alex, Ty and I. Nine left.

Ty's POV

I look around at the survivors. Where is she?

"Sloan? Sloan... Sloan? Sloan! Dammit SLOAN!!!!"

I start yelling, looking for her. I didn't see her anywhere. Oh god.

I run towards Ben and Leroy. I grab Leroy's jacket and shake him. His wide dark eyes that the same colour as his skin, stare wildly at me, in shock.

"Did you see sloan anywhere? She was with Sam. God damn Leroy! Say something!" He stared at me, his close shaved head shaking furiously.

Ben pulls me off him, anger clear on his face. Out of any of us you didn't want to mess with Ben. He was average height and good looking I suppose. He's strong with a cut throat attitude and a short temper. Let's just say he wasn't the nicest person around. The golden brown haired, green eyed beast stared at me, one eyebrow up.

"You know he's a quiet one. Just because you lost your 'princess' doesn't mean you can be an ass to everyone. She's dead, get over it and don't bother us, over your problems because I honestly don't care and I doubt Leroy does either." Ben looks at his adopted brother and he nodded his head once. Ben must have grown up protecting Leroy. They were from a town who didn't really like black people. Ben didn't care though and made sure no one harmed Leroy. If this was a different situation I'd admire someone like Ben, but right now I wanted to pound his face in.

Still getting stared at I sighed and walked away. I wasn't ten feet away when I heard a quiet sob. I was surprised, but when I felt the tears running down my face I realized that the cry came from me. I sat down and stared at the sky, for once hoping Sam was with her, protecting her from the cruel world. Ben is wrong, she is alive and I will find her.

Eventually.

Sam's POV

The big truck they had was beaten up and covered in mud and blood. I helped sloan into the back seat and went in behind her. I made sure she put her seat belt on Just in case there was another car accident with her brother. The red haired guy got In the back with us, while the other one sat shotgun.

The truck roared to life and jumped forward as it sped away, away from the fiery carnage.

Sloan's POV

We have been in this nasty ass truck for hours. Sam keeps looking around on high alert. My 'brother' is mostly quiet, accept when we talks to the guy beside him about meaningless things. The ginger on the other side of Sam is dead silent, I can't even hear him breathe over the truck's engine. We must be attracting corpses from miles around.

The sun is starting to set as the truck finally stops. My 'brother' turns around and starts speaking.

"We have to walk from here. Stand close together and stay alert. Any questions?"

I slowly raise my hand and he nods in my direction.

"What is your name?" I see pain flash across his face briefly then he quietly speaks.

" Dane," he clears his throat and points to the guy beside him. "This is Trevor and that ginger beside mr. Emo over there is Gabriel." Sam raises an eyebrow but remains calm as he asks the question I have been thinking since the car has stopped.

"Where are we going?"

Dane smiles. "Shangri-La."

A/N:

If you are wondering Shangri-La isn't a place that exists. It's a tibetan utopia in the book lost horizons by James Hilton. Sorry for making ya wait. Vote, comment, enjoy, kill, but only the dead ones that are walking, unless you see your worst enemy in the zombie apocalypse, then kill them because they will only slow you down. ANYWAYS. Bye.

Xx Jorden