Chapter 8

Hey everyone! I have decided to put a song at the beginning of every chapter that would be on my apocalypse playlist. Enjoy!

Xx Jorden

~Ed Sheeran- I See Fire~

8

I stood frozen staring at the fireball of undead flesh eaters running towards us. I started shaking and legs became weak. I tried to say something but it came out as a squeak.

Sam latched on to my hand and took off towards the truck, dragging me behind him. I picked up my pace, but he stopped abruptly and I crashed into his muscular back. He swore and tugged at his hair. I took a peak in front for him to see the cause of his dilemma. Someone stole our truck. We had no way to get away from our doom. Our luck had run dry.

Sam looked at me, sorrow written all over his face. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back into the bar. He slammed the door and sat at the bar, the light from the flaming corpses shinning through the window, making his brown eyes glow orange.

The corpses started tearing at the door, moans shaking the floor boards. I could hear the pieces of wood getting torn off the building. This is it. They would eventually get in here and brutally consume us.

A single tear ran down my face as I walked towards Sam and wrapped my small arms around him from behind. He hung his head low and whimper escaped from his lips.

"I tried so hard to keep you safe. I knew I had to when I pulled you out of that smashed up, upside down car. I carried you back to camp. I stayed beside you as they cleaned your wounds and stitched you back together.

To tell you the truth I don't even know why I stopped at that battered car on the side of the road that all the corpses were trying to get into. If anything it was a distraction to the corpses and we could've crept by unnoticed, but I had to stop.

Something kept pulling me closer to the car. I didn't even know you were in there until i killed all the corpses and opened the door. You were laying on the roof, shattered glass scattered around you. You looked like an angel.

I instantly pulled you out, abandoned the group and ran back to camp. I'm just glad we weren't far away, you lost a lot of blood and you barely had a pulse. I don't know how long you were in that car for but at camp you were out for a few days.

I love you sloan, whether you like it or not and you can't make me stop."

Somehow through him talking I ended up in his arms, head resting against his chest. The sounds of boards being ripped off the building more frequent, every time I heard a board fall to the ground I flinched, the heat from the fire lighting some parts of the building on fire itself. It was hot in here, both of us sweating.

The door started shaking and I jumped out of Sam's arms and pushed a table against the door, Sam pushing another right behind it.

I backed away as the boards cracked and an arm came through, gripping the table with gnarled, burnt fingers. Soon it would be all the way in.

"Look for weapons, anything that could scramble a couple brains." Sam yelled and started to look where the gear was left from the other people that was in here. I jumped over the counter to look behind it.

I pushed all the empty bottles out of my way and searched. I couldn't even find a full bottle of whiskey, never mind a weapon. I turned and that's where I saw it. I grabbed the wooden baseball bat out of the trash around it and lifted it out. I got out from behind the bar to Sam, who had an axe.

"I found it hanging on the wall, by the emergency fire thingy." I gave him a smile, just as there was a big crash. The rest of the door was gone and the tables were to only thing stopping them from killing us.

We ran over and started killing. Blood was flying as we started hack away at the charred flesh of the corpses, the fire lit the whole front of the bar on fire. It was spreading fast. I backed away as the second table caught on fire, Sam did the same.

I looked at him and he looked back at me, a tear running down his cheek. I walked over and wiped it away. I put my hand behind his neck and stood on the tips of my toes to kiss him.

For a second he stood there, frozen, then he wrapped his arms around me. Our lips moving sync until I pulled away, deeply breathing.

"I love you too." I whispered into his ear. He went to say something but the back door crashed open. Sam quickly wrapped his body around me like a shield. I was tightly tucked into his chest, unable to see anything. He smelled like fire, trees and boy. I felt his body stiffen. I peaked my head out to see three guys standing In the middle of the bar.

The one in front with stunning blue eyes and dark hair quietly said something to the others, while smirking at me. The ginger with green eyes nodded his head and ran towards the corpses and started killing the ones that broke free of the fire barricade, while the other with brown hair and hazel eyes started searching the place for god knows what.

The leader walked towards us and Sam's grip on me tightens, making the guy's smile even larger. He stopped five feet in front of us and stared at me. Sam leaned down and whispered into my ear quietly,

"If he tries anything run." The guy raised an eyebrow at Sam's gesture.

"I believe that's my sister you're holding on to there."