Chapter 16

Rose walked out of her Transfiguration class. Professor McGonogall turned out to be as tough of a teacher as she was Headmistress, with the same crisp lines on her clothes, and vigilant hawk eyes glancing at the students. She saw Scorpius in the hall and quickly started walking away from him.

Scorpius had noticed her and started to follow after her. Rose increased her speed until she was at a full on jog. Scorpius caught up with her, however and grabbed her.

Rose turned away from him, nose in the air.

"What did I do wrong?" Scorpius asked quickly, before she could make her escape.

Rose decided to ignore him, and continue her way forward. Scorpius glanced around the hall to make sure no one was there, then said,
"Rose! Rosie? Tell me what I did wrong! Come on, aren't we supposed to be best friends? And best friends don't get mad at each other for no reason! I mean, me and Al-"

Rose spun around to face him angrily. "No reason?! Are you telling me that I'm mad at you for no reason? So you think I'm doing all this," She yelled while waving her arms, "for no reason, at all?"

Scorpius gulped. He clearly was not prepared for Rose to yell at him like that.

"Okay, finally you're talking to me." Scorpius said.

Rose glared at him.

"Can you tell me, please, what I did wrong?" Scorpius pleaded.

Rose continued glaring at him.

"Rosie? Please?" Scorpius pleaded even harder.

Rose turned away. She loved it when he called her Rosie, but she couldn't afford to be weak at the moment. Especially after Pansy.

Scorpius narrowed his eyes. He grabbed Rose's sleeve and turned her towards him so she was forced to look at him, while jumping up and down like a madman.

"Rose... Weasley... tell... me... why... you're... acting... this... way!" He said, enunciating each word so that she could understand him.

"Let go of me!" She snarled, for he was about to rip her sleeve off.

Scorpius stared at her for a long time, then let go of her.

"Fine. You know what? Don't tell me. Just stay mad. I hope you don't expect me to come begging after you."

Rose still glared at him with ice in her eyes.

"I can't believe you're so dumb that you don't know why I'm mad at you!" Rose said.

Now Scorpius glared at her. "Who are you calling dumb? I'm the one that's trying to get you to talk to me again, so I don't think you should be saying that to me!"

"I'm calling you dumb! Because if you don't know why I'm mad at you, then that's pathetic."

"Well, since I'm obviously too stupid to understand why, then why don't you explain to me why?!"

"Why should I bother!?"

"You know? I think I should be asking myself that. Why should I bother pleading after you? There's nothing in it for me!"

"Then why are you still here?"

"Because I thought we were supposed to be best friends, and I wanted to know what was wrong! But you're just..."

"What exactly?! What am I exactly?"

"You're not worth it! THAT'S what! Your not worth running after again and again!"

Rose recoiled and looked in shock at Scorpius who was breathing heavily. She swallowed hard, and looked at him.

"Fine then. Don't bother in the future."