Chapter 30

Victoire sat in her bedroom, absentmindedly curling her blond hair with a finger, and thinking about Teddy. She wondered where he was right now.

Suddenly a loud screeching voice boomed into her eardrums.

"VICTOIRE!" A familiar French accent hissed.

Victoire took a huge breath of air. Does she really have to yell at me, right now!? I'm just going to ignore her.

"VICTOIRE!"

Still ignoring, Victoire changed into her pajamas and lay down on her bed.

"VICTOIRE!"

I really want to see Teddy right now... like really bad. It's been a long time since I've seen him! He's always so busy!

Victoire heard a huff of frustrated breath, and then a loud stomping coming up the stairs. Her bedroom door was opened all the way.

"Victoire! 'Aven't you 'eard me for za last 'our screaming?!" Her mother asked impatiently.

Victoire made a frustrated noise in her throat. "Mother, your English gets horrible when you're upset, you know that, right?"

Her brother popped up next to Fleur. "Mama, she's being very rude to you, and she knows that English isn't your native language!" He said, with a sly smile to his sister.

Fleur made a cooing face at her son. " I know, ma chérie, I know. Your seester eez very rude. My Louis, 'e eez so kind to me." She then proceeded to saying a bunch of cooing words in French.

Victoire rolled her eyes. Louis had played the mama's little boy angle for as long as he could talk, and even before then, he always used to cry whenever Victoire happened to be 10 feet near him.

Fleur glared at her daughter. "Anyways, like I was saying, deed you clean za dishes?"

Victoire let out a loud, loud groan. "No mama! And I don't plan on doing them! Why can't Louis do them!?"

Fleur glared at her again. "He doesn't know zat magic yet. Go downstairs and do zem!"

Victoire stalked out of her room, and stomped down the stairs, making sure that her mother and Louis heard every step. Louis did know that magic, but there was no point in arguing.

She tossed her hair in a ponytail, and carelessly flicked her wand. The dishes immediately began clanking and crashing with each other loudly.

"VICTOIRE! DO ZEM CORRECTLY! I DON'T WANT YOU BREAKING ZEM! ZAT EEZ MY EXPENSIVE DINNER SET!"

"MOTHER!"

"I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT MYSELF! AND ZA SINK BETTER BE WASHED AS WELL!"

"MOTHER THAT'S SO UNFAIR!"

"DOES DOMINIQUE COMPLAIN WHEN SHE 'AS TO DO ZEM?"

Victoire sighed, then did the dishes correctly and washed the sink as well.

Fleur came downstairs and handed her a bowl. "Give zis to Uncle George for me. I 'ave to do somezing or I would go myself."

Victoire's eyes lit up. Yes! Then I can go see Teddy!

"Okay!"

Fleur kissed her daughter. "Be back quick, ma chérie. And don't get diztracted by anything! Au revoir!"

Victoire nodded. Does Teddy count as a distraction...? Then, she Apparated.

She entered Uncle George's house, then with the usual hi's and hello's, she kissed Aunt Angelina, and caught up quickly with Fred and Roxanne.

She wanted to have as much time as possible with Teddy, without her mom thinking that she was gone for too long.

She decided to check the Potters' house, since he dined there like, five of seven days a week. She Apparated.

She walked around, looking for him. She spotted Aunt Ginny's red hair leaning down by a low cupboard.

"Hi, Aunt Ginny!" She said.

"Oh, Victoire, it's you! How sweet! Looking for Teddy, I suppose?"

Victoire nodded.

"I'm afraid he's not here. You can check Uncle Ron's place, as Albus, Scorpius and Rose are there. I think he is hanging out with James because I haven't seen him. I hope James really isn't getting into trouble... he can be a bit stupid sometimes, especially with his pranks."

Victoire nodded again. "Thanks Aunt Ginny! I'll make sure I watch for James as well."

Bouncing up and down in her shoes, she Apparated again to the Weasley's.

"Hey, Aunt Hermione!" She said, spotting her again by the bushy brown hair tied up in a bun.

"Hello Victoire! What a pleasant surprise! If you're looking for Rose, she's upstairs! Oh, and Nye-Nye and Sungu are in bad moods as well, so I would avoid them, if you can. Who knows what happened to them, they are hiding under my bed and refusing to come out!"
"Thanks! And I will watch out for them."

She walked around, then went up to the second story, nearly tripping over Crookshanks, Nye-Nye, and Sungu, who were giving her arrogant looks as they marched past in a single file line, tails and noses up in the air, probably smelling Hermione's cooking and deciding to go manipulate her into giving them food. Nye-Nye was in a particularly bad mood, looking as if he wanted to spit on Victoire.

"What did I do to you Nye-Nye?!"

Nye-Nye stopped in his tracks, which made Sungu and Crookshanks stop as well. The three turned around to face her in unison, and they all glared at her.

Victoire glared back. The cats then spun around with an arrogant flick of their tails and resumed marching down the stairs, as if Victoire wasn't worth anymore of their valuable time.

Beggars. How does Rose live with these cats? Victoire thought as she watched them strut down the stairs with disgust and hatred. The ladder to the attic was down.

Umm, that's a bit odd. What would Al, Rose, and Scorpius be doing up in there right now? She walked up it. Strangely enough, the trio was nowhere in sight. There was a strange bubble in the middle of the room. It was glimmering, and she wasn't sure if it was even real. There was a broken hour-shaped necklace in the middle of the circle.

Stupidly, she began walking towards it. Once she hit the bubble, she felt everything blur. She couldn't move, and it was like watching an old VCR tape rewind. Finally, it rewinded so quickly she couldn't see anything. Her head started spinning in a horrible way, like she had drank five bottles of Firewhiskey, and she started to scream, really loud. She felt like she was being spun around really fast. She yanked her hair and fell to her knees and started screaming her head off, anything to make her headache and the spinning sensation go away. Then the world went cold and black.