Chapter Twenty One

"You're going to forgive him right? I mean look at the poor man" Sally said moving my head in the direction of Ares.  Every since I went home last night. I've been feeling different. Every time I thought of Ares. I had the urge to see him. You won't even believe the dream I had yesterday. Let's just say it was graphic. I sigh grabbing looking back to the tray of cookies. I have to decorate at least this will get my mind off of my thoughts. 

"Hey ladies" We quickly turn our heads towards the door seeing Apollo entering the shop. He walks over to his brother sitting down next to him. I glance at the Ares feeling the urge to get closer to him. 

"Leave," Ares said rolling his eyes at his younger brother.

"But I missed you, I mean we hardly get to see each other" Apollo said dramatically placing a hand on his heart.

"I know it been great but now its ruined" Ares said pushing his brother away from him.

"I will never understand them" Sally whispered to me grabbing one of the cookies from the tray I slap her hand lightly taking the cookie back.

"Did you just hit your boss?" Sally mocked. My mind wonders off to my dream. He was so close... okay Alex knock it off. What's wrong with me?

"You know if I wasn't here there would be nothing to sell, " I said sticking my tongue out. I remember the time  I took the day off one day but I came in because I forgot my backpack. I kid you not she was sitting in the middle of the floor eating a tray of cookies. I've never taken a day off since.

"Would you stop staring at me" Ares growled. I bite my lip banging my head on the counter. I have never thought like this. My mom would say hormones. But I've never been like this.

"But brother-"

"Don't start your poetry crap" Alright when I got home yesterday I did a greek arts history lesson. So here's the situation. Ares the god of war is supposed to be super scary and he is but I read he kinda has a relationship with Aphrodite?  The goddess of beauty so you can say I feel Well I can't really describe how I feel. Apollo is the god of poetry music truth healing and prophecy.

"Boys One of you better buy something," Sally said pointing a finger a both of them. I wonder what Sally would do If she knew she just bossed around two guys. Knowing Sally she wouldn't care.

"If I buy something and he doesn't can he leave?" Ares said shoving Apollo again.

"Alex You wouldn't let this happen right?" I meet Ares' eyes. My body reacts almost instantly. I feel a heat course through me.  The research all coming back to me. He is supposed to be rash and just cares about winning a war. So why is he here?  Why is it so hot?  I thought we had ac?

"Here" I grab a cookie from the tray and walk over to Apollo.

"I've missed you Alex" He leans closer to me. "He has been more mean since we left"

"Apollo" Ares growled.

"Hey take Ares's order I got to go deliver the cookies," Sally said glancing at the clock. "Crap I'm late bye" Right when she leaves I groan quietly.

"What would you like?" I asked Ares looking anywhere but his eyes.

"It's rude to not look someone in the eyes when you talk to them" I quickly look up at him not wanting to come off rude.  My eyes go to lips remembering the kiss. I lean in closer to me wondering what would happen if I kissed him again. I shake my head quickly trying to get that image of off my head.

"This a really good cookie," Apollo said snapping me out of my thoughts. I lean away from Ares a look of confusion spreading across his face. 

"I need to go check on the cake?" I said quickly walking into the background. I grab a water from the fridge drinking it as fast as I can. But it doesn't help. I still feel hot. I pull my sweater off trying to get rid of the feeling.

"Alex, you okay?" Apollo said walking over to me. He places a hand on my shoulder but quickly takes it off.  "Alex your burning"

"It won't go away," I said fighting the urge to just lay on the floor and cry.

"I should get Ares," Apollo said but I grabbed his arm.

"Don't" I whispered to him.

"Why?"

"I might not be able to control myself" I whispered my face turning red. Apollo eyes widen before his face turned into a frown.

"Did he happen to kiss you?" I nod running a hand through my hair. "Excuse me," Apollo said running out.

Ares Point of View

Ares was sitting down at the table still in a daze of shock. Did Alex want to kiss him? She leaned in. He ignored the feeling his heart got. When Apollo come running into the room.

"You kissed her?"

"That's none of your concern."

"Look I'm gonna tell you something but don't freak out"

"Do you remember what I said was going to happen to you."

"I disregard everything you so no" A look of annoyance crossed on Ares' face. Can he just get to the point?

"You would be given a human soulmate who has the power to save you or be the reason you die" Ares' eyes widened he did not remember his brother telling him anything like that.

"So why are you telling me this? You know I don't believe in that crap"

"Alex is your soulmate" Ares' eyes snapped up to his brother. A feeling of panic going through him. Is Alex going to be in danger?

"How do you know?"

"When you kissed her that trigger something in her and her-"

"Get to the point Apollo" Ares growled.

"She's your soulmate" Apollo says taking a few steps back from his brother. 

"I thought that   Gods no longer had soulmates" Ares dad Zeus made it impossible for gods and goddess to have soulmates   (It made it easier for him to cheat on Hera). Plus gods and goddess became too focussed on protecting their soulmate. So he killed them all. Luckily Ares never found his. 

"Okay thats not the point Aphrodite put a little love curse that make's her want you like want you" He said looking nervous.  

"Want me?"

"The curse make's Alex want to sleep with you dummy" Apollo said slapping Ares shoulder. "It intensifies  her desires" 

================================

Thank you for reading!  I will being updating Ares every Friday and Wednesday :D