Chapter Forty Two

"Ares I love you," I said softly as Ares laid next to me asleep. He just got back yesterday and I can't seem to start staring at him. A part of me is scared if I look away he will disappear 

"I love you too," He said his voice sounding raspy from just waking up. Making him sound even more attractive. This isn't fair.

"You need to stop being so attractive Ares it throws me off" I mumble looking up at my ceiling. This man needs to become a model or something. 

"You're beauty makes my heart stop" Okay that sounds like an Apollo quote.  Someones has been spending too much time with Apollo. 

I jump on top of him glaring down at him. His eyes widen in surprise as he grabs onto my waist holding me in place. "Don't lie to me, Ares" 

"Alex you are" Wow he should sleep next to me every night. If he's like this when he wakes up. Yesterday I asked him to watch some Christmas movies with me in my room. We ended up falling asleep. 

"Did you ever think you would end up here?" 

"With you? or are you talking about under you?" Glaring at him I grab my pillow throwing it at his head.

"In love with a human, a species you despise" I taunt sticking my tongue out at him. 

"I've never thought I would be so glad I was sent to earth" His tone seems serious causing me to stare down at him. "Alex you've helped me become better" He tucks a piece of hair behind my hair causing my eyes to water. I pull him into a kiss unable to stop the tears that trail down my face. 

"Did I already say I love you?" I laugh pressing my forehead against his. 

"That's something I'll never get tired of hearing" Ares leans in when I hear a knock on my door. Ares rolls his eyes glaring at the door. 

"If it's a member of my family I get to kick them out" Ares declares but I grab his hand pulling him up. 

"They're my family too" I mumble feeling myself turn red. Why am I getting some cheesy. Ares pulls me towards him giving me the biggest smile I've ever seen. 

"Let's go kick our family out of our place" I let out a laugh as I open the door seeing Erebus and Apollo holding bats each holding a baseball.

"How did he get you to agree to this?" I whisper to Erebus trying to hold back my laugh.

"Why aren't they ready? You told me everyone was ready." Dionysus said pushing himself into my room. Why do they look so official? Like they are going to play the Padres or something. 

"Did you guys get my text I added you both to the chat" Apollo frowns. I don't think I got the message I grab my phone from the bed scrolling through my messages and none of them are about baseball.

"I took us out of the chat" I gasp at Ares wacking him on the shoulder. 

"I'm sorry but I'm not passing up the chance to watch greek gods play baseball Ares" I exclaim basically jumping up and down.  Oh my gosh and I gonna meet Ares's whole family?I don't think I can handle this. Deep breaths Alex.

"Brother this betrayal is unforgivable" Apollo pauses wiping a fake tear away. "But I will forgive you"

"I didn't ask you too," Ares said a glare still on his face.

"I can see it in your eyes"

"That just disgust you're seeing" While Ares and Apollo and arguing Dionysus and Erebus start hitting each other with the baseballs. This is the family I've always wanted a house full of noise and laughter, not tension and silence. 

I've never been so thankful for finding this god laying in the middle of the street.

---

First chapter of Apollo is out!