Chapter 4

While the phone is ringing I take another sip of my smoothie. He doesn't answer the phone. I hang up and slip my phone into my pocket. I finish my smoothie is silence. I can hear my mothers music blasting from her bedroom.
   I put my empty cup into the sink and fill it with hot water. After I go upstairs and get my black vans. I slip them on and go back downstairs.
    "Mommmmm! I'm going over to Jacobs!" I yell to her bedroom. There is no response. She can't hear me over the loud music. I shrug my shoulders and walk out the front door closing it behind me. I walk on the sidewalk shielding my eyes from the burning sun. I knock on his door. His father answers.
    "Yes? Can I help you?" He asks me.
    "Are you Jacobs father?" I ask him. He looks at me for a while.
    "Oh! Your brianna! Jacob has told me so much about you. How is your mom? She's very happy isn't she?" He asks.
    "Yes! That's me. And thank you so much giving my mother a job. We are both very thankful." I answer with a smile.
    "Well Jacob is in his room." He says opening the door even more. I smile and walk in. I run up the stairs and into his room closing the door behind me. I look around. I hear the shower on in his bathroom. I walk over to his bed and I spot his phone on his pillow. I pick it up and put it on his desk. The shower turns off and I hear the bathroom door open. I look up to see him in a towel. I cover my eyes.
    "Sorry! Your dad let me in" I tell him. He walks over to me and removes my hands from my face.
    "It's okay brianna." He tells me as he walks away. He goes into his closet and grabs blue jeans. And a dark green shirt. Along with red boxers. He turns around.
    "You may want to close your eyes for just a second." He tells me. I listen to his orders and close my eyes.
    "Now open." He says. I slowly open my eyes to see him walking back to the bathroom in his red boxers. My mouth drops open. He walks back out looking at me with a smile.
    "Have you seen my phone?"he asks me. Without saying a word I point to his desk. He picks up his phone and looks at the bright screen.
    "Sorry I missed your call." He tells me with a little frown.
   "It's okay. I just wanted to say thanks for talking to your father about my mom." I tell him. He smiles.
    "No problem" he tells me in a calm voice. He slips on his jeans and his green shirt. He grabs his wet towel and drys his hair. His hair is messy and I smile. He notices and laughs.
    "Wanna do something fun?" He asks me.
   "Depends. What's your definition of fun?" I answer him. He walks over to me and grabs my hand. He takes me to his window and leans out. Then he looks up.
    "You know the roof isn't too far from here. Care to join me?" He asks then continues," Or are you too scared?"
     "Scared? Ha! Join me in Jacob." I reply. He slowly crawls out the window and climbs up to the roof. I follow. I lift my leg out the window and look down.
   "Ummm we are pretty high up" I admit.
    "Now your scared?" He asked. I shake my head and climb out the window. I slowly climb up and once I'm almost there I scrape my side stomach on the corner.
    "Uhhh!" I yell. He looks down at me with a scared face. He gives me his hand and helps me to the top.
    "I'm so sorry brianna. We shouldn't have done this" he apologizes. I laugh and look at him.
    "My fault for wearing a crop top today." I say with a smile. He laughs and climbs back down into his room. He later comes back with a bandage and a dark red sweater. He lays the sweater on the roof and I lay down. He opens the bandage and slowly puts it on my side. His touch made my cheeks get red. I sit back up and shiver. He slips the sweater over my head.
    "There you go," he tells me. I smile and look up at the sky. The sunset was beautiful. He raps his arm over my shoulder. And we sit there. Looking into the beautiful sky in silence.

*i hope you enjoyed! Please vote and comment and also give me a follow to be notified when chapter 5 comes out!*