Tick Tock

Santana huffed in annoyance, the man tree and the squeaky star were more than thirty minutes late. She knew that Sebastian was inside but neither she nor Blaine wanted to go in without them. Just in case. Blaine glanced at his watch as they stood just outside of the doors of McKinley. "Where the hell are they," he sounded beyond frustrated.

The sun was beating down on the two teens which was just increasing the their irritation. Finally Finns car pulled into the car park, and in a flustered rush, both Finn and Rachel exited the car before running towards McKinley. "What took you losers so long?" Santana jeered loudly.

"Sorry, we got held up," Rachel said apologetically as she caught up with Santana and Blaine who were already entering the never ending halls of McKinley.

"Where's Sebastian?" Finn asked as their footsteps echoed off the eerily empty halls.

"He is waiting for us inside," Blaine explained.

They finally reached the auditorium and they entered through the side stage. It felt good to be back in the auditorium for the kids, it had become like a second home for them. They found Sebastian, however, he was sitting on the piano stool, slouched forwards, fast asleep. His crutches lay by his side as his back was softly rising and falling. Santana grinned evilly, it was time for revenge. She pulled out a black permanent marker. With an evil giggle she crept forwards. "Santana, don't," Rachel warned her.

"What? He wants to make amends, this is how I accept apologies," Santana grinned.

"If you have to, just don't make it rude, or mean, or anything that you find funny," Finn told her.

Santana rolled her eyes as she got to work on Sebastian's face. A couple of minutes later with a few chuckles here and there and Santana's job was done. She stood back to admire her handy work. The rest of the teens tried desperately not to laugh but were failing miserably. Santana had drawn him a beard, a pair of glasses, stripes and a third eye. Sebastian woke up when Santana hid her pen as Rachel squeaked out a laugh. The teens hushed as Sebastian sat up straight and turned to look at them. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion but that made it look as though his third eye was closing. "Are you guys ok?" He asked obviously weirded out by all of them staring at him.

"yup we are good," Blaine said as he composed himself and brought a chair over from behind the curtain, the others followed in suit,

"Remind me why we couldn't do this online?" Sebastian asked, he didn't look tired or in pain, he just looked bored.

"It's so that we can tell if you are lying," Santana stated bluntly.

A crooked smile split Sebastian's face, "that didn't seem to work before,"

Blaine narrowed his eyes, "look, we aren't here to bite each other's throats out, we do need to discuss the charity event,"

"Yup, I agree, firstly, we need to agree on a place, time and date we can all practise," Sebastian dropped the snark and began to act serious. He scratched his face and the teens had to control their need laugh.

"Yes, well we were thinking, Fridays after school, because it is when we are all free," Blaine suggested.

Sebastian weighed the possibility, "yes I am sure the Warblers will be fine with that, but some of might have to leave early because some of the younger years need to have their parents pick them up,"

Finn nodded, "okay, so we start a week today?"

"Yup, sounds good," Sebastian nodded.

"Then there is the issue of what we are wearing, a uniform or something else," Rachel asked. They all turned their heads to Sebastian expectantly.

"Erm, we should discuss that with both teams and take a vote next week maybe?" Sebastian suggested.

With a nod of approval the meeting continued. None of them were quite sure how long it lasted because when they finally emerged from the school it was dark outside and the only light was coming from the car park flood lights of McKinley High. "See you next week," Sebastian said with a genuine smile. The team was surprised that Sebastian had actually been pleasant the whole time, as well as Santana... kind of.

Rachel grimaced at the poor boy's face, she couldn't take it any longer. She pulled a mirror out of her purse and handed it to him. Santana elbowed her and Blaine's eyes dropped to the floor in embarrassment. Finn's stomached dropped, what had they been thinking? Guilt riddled all of them, the question was, how was Sebastian going to react?

Sebastian looked confused as he opened the mirror Rachel gave to him with his thumb. He leaned on his crutch and stared at the mirror for a split second. The teens stopped breathing. "I am disappointed queer number three, I thought you might have come up with something a bit more creative," Sebastian clicked the mirror close and handed it back to a shocked Rachel. All of the teens breathed a sigh of relief.

"Wait? You aren't mad?" Blaine asked, genuinely perplexed.

"Furious, luckily for you I have self control, unlike Mrs Lesbee right here," Sebastian's famous lopsided grin graced his face once more, "anyway, tata for now," he swung away on his crutches leaving the teens stunned. He reacted much better than they had expected.

"Did that really just happen?" Rachel asked.

"Yes, it did," Finn confirmed.

"I guess he really has turned over a new leaf," Blaine whispered, almost inaudibly.

The group departed all going their separate ways, none really sure what to make of the situation. Perhaps this was the beginning of something new. A new friendship or another enemy once more, they would never know. Well at least not until the not so distant future when they would discover first hand that in fact they made a brilliant team with the Warblers.