One In One Thousand

Sebastian stared in disbelief at the horrible gray stone in front of him. Engraved into it was the words, Cecelia Park, s beloved daughter, and a cherished friend. Sebastian fell to his knees beside her grave. There was no way she could be dead. The graveyard was empty aside from Sebastian and the searing hot sun beat down on his back. Uncontrollable rage took hold of him, "WHY?" He screamed into the clouds, "WHY LET ME LIVE AND HER DIE!" He yelled with all his might. Sebastian was never religious, but he desperately needed someone to blame. In the hospital the nurses told him so many times that he was lucky to be alive, that he was lucky that his lung hadn't collapsed. The irony was, whilst he was recovering, she was dying. "SHE WAS YOUNG... so full of potential and joy..." Sebastian began to choke on hot tears that streamed down his face. "Please, let me trade places," he whimpered why should he survive and she doesn't, "I am useless and older and broken and horrible," Sebastian cried. "She was so young and good natured," he wiped tears from his eyes. "It doesn't make sense," he whispered. Sebastian collected himself a little and rested his palm on her grave stone, "I am so sorry Cece," he whispered.

Kurt sat on Blaine's bed, fiddling with a button on his cardigan. Blaine was lying on the bed next to him. His room was very typical of that of a teenage boy, there was things he liked all over the place and his room was quite messy. Kurt didn't mind though. He had been in his room so many time it no longer bothered him. However something else was, "Blaine?" Kurt asked in a quiet voice.

The comfortable aura in the room wrapped around them both, "yeah,"

"Do you think that Sebastian is going to be okay now?" He kept his gaze in his  lap as Blaine sat up and looked at him with a confused expression.

"What makes you say that?" He asked.

"Well with everything that he has been through... I just hope he can pull through," Kurt worried about him more than he would let on.

"Kurt, he is a tough guy, and I know he might have a tough time adapting to what it is like to live a more normal life but we will be here for him," Blaine assured him.

"I know but... I was just thinking, back when he was a Warbler and nearly blinded you, he didn't care, he didn't care about us hating him, it didn't phase him," Kurt told Blaine.

"Yes, I remember that," Blaine furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Sebastian would have almost done anything at that point in time to please his father, even if it meant that he himself was hated.

"Do you think it's because nobody else cared about him, so he didn't mind making people hate him if it was to get what he wants?" Kurt's voice quivered as he mulled over this idea.

"I have no idea... possibly, all that matters now is that he is safe and out of the clutches of his father," Blaine reasoned with Kurt.

"Is he? Is he really? That kind of trauma stays with a kid for its lifetime and where the hell was his mother,"Kurt felt anger press in his chest.

"His mother is dead Kurt," Blaine told him, "didn't you know?"

"What? No," Kurt whispered.

"Yes, Sebastian told us that that's why his dad abused him, he blamed Sebastian for her death, I guess it just wore on his father," Blaine told a shocked Kurt.

"Why wasn't I told this?" Kurt asked.

"You mustn't have been there when he told us," Blaine replied.

"How was it Sebastian's fault she died?" Kurt hissed.

"She died in childbirth," Blaine told him. Kurt was shocked and very grateful for his father. His dad had gone through very similar trauma with him, but he had always loved and accepted Kurt, no matter what he did.

As soon as Kurt got home, he wrapped his arms around his dad and refused to let go. Burt was confused but he let it be he knew that Kurt had gone through a tough time. The pair sat alone on the couch. Burt turned off the Tv and peeled Kurt off of him. "What's up kiddo?" He asked with a worried expression.

"You've always been there for me, you've always loved me no matter what, you never stopped, not even when mum died," Kurt felt tears bubble in his eyes.

"Woah, woah, woah, what brought this on all of a sudden?" Burt asked confused.

"It's Sebastian, his mom died and that was why his dad hurt him," Kurt said as tears streamed down his face, "but you never did, you were strong," his voice quivered.

"Kurt I could never hurt you, even if I wanted to, I love you too much," Burt chuckled.

"I know, and I never tell you just how much I love you for it," Kurt cried.

Burt shook his head and enveloped Kurt into a hug, "its all over now kiddo, don't worry, it's all over,"