School tours

Camila's POV

My sister and I have gotten everything we needed to start at our new schools, clothes, shoes and school supplies.

We are currently getting ready for bed before I tuck her in. Heading into my sister's room I see her shifting around under her covers with her teddy.

"You ready for me to tuck you in?"

She nods her head vigorously, so I hop right to it, making sure she's nice and snug.

"Alright, goodnight butterfly queen one, I'll see you in the morning yeah?"

"Yes, goodnight butterfly queen two. I love you."

"I love you too. Get some sleep now." I whisper kissing her forehead and heading to my room.

Shortly after I get myself comfy, I feel myself succumb to sleep.

🔅🔹🔅🔹

A bright beam of light slowly pulls me from the realm of dreams until my eyes slowly peel open to shut once more as I realize that the beam of light is the sun shining vividly through my open blinds.

Once my eyes have fully adjusted, I sit up stretching my heavy limbs before heading to my bathroom to start my routine.

Once I've completed that I walk into my closet for something to wear.

Pondering my options for a few minutes, I finally decide to go with my long sleeve, thin gray sweater, high waisted blue jeans and my black converse and my black bow. (Outfit above.)

Running my hand through my hair and looking myself over in the mirror. Satisfied with my appearance I head downstairs for breakfast.

I take a seat beside my sister as my mom passes plates of food around the table.

"Morning Kaki." Sofi greets me in a side hug.

"Morning sweetheart." I hug her back before we both pull apart.

"Morning mami, papi." I greet my parents and they greet me back before we all dig in.

Once the dishes were put away we all hop into the car and head to Sofi's school first.

Parking in the first available spot at Monroe elementary we exit the car and Sofi immediately grabs my hand.

We make our way to the front office and are greeted by a short, brunette woman who appears to be in her mid forties.

"Good morning, welcome to Monroe Elementary, what can I do for you?" She greets politely.

"Good morning, we just moved here and we were hoping to enroll our daughter Sofi into the school." My mom informs the woman.

I can feel Sofi slowly tucking herself behind my leg and I smile at how adorable she is.

"Oh of course, welcome to Santa Barbara by the way. I have some forms I need you to fill out and once you're done with those, you can bring them back up and the principal will be right with you."

"Thank you." My mom grabs the clipboard and we all take a seat, Sofi immediately climbs into my lap.

While my parents are busy filling out the paperwork, I try to calm my sister's nerves.

"You nervous sweetie?"

She nods, burrowing herself further into me.

"Well don't be, because you are going to make so many new friends tomorrow. You've got nothing to worry about."

"Okay." She hugs me tighter.

Our silence was cut short as a feminine voice spoke up.

"Good morning, I'm principal Lennon. And you are?"

"Alejandro Cabello, this is my wife Sinu and our two daughters Camila and Sofi."

"It's nice to meet you all." She shakes each of our hands before continuing. "Follow me and we can discuss Sofi's enrollment."

🔅🔹🔅🔹

"Alright now that we've got all the paperwork squared away, how about a tour."

"Sure."

She takes us around the school and Sofi stays attached to my side the entire time.

The tour ends an we say our farewells to principal Lennon.

"We look forward to having you tomorrow Sofi, have a good day guys."

🔅🔹🔅🔹

We arrive at Santa Barbara high school and exit the car and I feel my nerves make their appearance.

Sofi again attaches herself to my side and she doesn't know it but she's helping me calm down.

Walking to the front office it pretty much went like it did at Sofi's school. Paperwork, paperwork and more boring stuff.

"Alright now for the tour."

As we walk through the halls students at their lockers turn to look at us and I can feel Sofi tightening her grip on me.

I lift her up and place her on my hip so she doesn't feel so out of place.

As for the people looking, I ignore them and pretend them looking at me doesn't make me nervous.

One person's eyes in particular catch mine though, a tall light skin girl with blonde tips.

I quickly break eye contact before it can get awkward, not like it wasn't already.

The tour was finally coming to an end and we were saying our goodbyes to the principal and guidance counselor.

"Just come see Mrs. Granite for your schedule in the morning Miss Cabello. We look forward to having you tomorrow and I hope you folks have a great day."

We finally start heading home and once we get there Sofi and I start watching Disney movies together.

After about three or so hours my mom interrupts.

"Is everyone fine with pizza for dinner tonight?"

"Yes!" I shout with excitement because I absolutely love pizza.

🔅🔹🔅🔹

After dinner Sofi of course asks me to tuck her in and I of course agree, so heading upstairs we both change into our night attire.

I meet her in her room and before I can even tuck in any of her covers she speaks up.

"Kaki can I sleep with you tonight. I'm still nervous about school tomorrow and I don't wanna sleep alone."

"Yeah sure."

We make our way to my room and we both climb under the covers before she snuggles up to me, wrapping her arm around my waist.

It only took a few minutes for the both of us to succumb to our slumber.