Bestfriends? More like family

What a beautiful Sunday to post an update!

Lauren's POV

"Come on Laur, let's go for a ride." My best friend Micheal shouts, putting on his helmet and hopping on his dirt bike.

Following his lead, I hop on my bike and roar the engine to life, because there's no way I'm turning down a ride.

The vibrations from the motor sends chills down my spine as I'm taking off behind Micheal.

My adrenaline races every time I'm on my bike and the wind is blowing in my hair.

Speeding towards a hill I completely release my grip from my bike for a moment, while in the air and returning it a second or two later.

As we continue to ride I notice, what looks to be my other best friend's bike in the distance, with him sat upon it.

"Flint! I didn't know you were joining, where's Jamis?" I ask as we're coming to a stop.

"Hey Laurbear, he's talking to your mom then he's coming."

"Should we meet him?" Micheal questions while he's dapping Flint up.

"Yeah." I agree setting my bike into motion once more.

Reaching my house and turning my bike off I make way to Jamis.

As I'm rushing over to throw myself into his arms, I greet them.

"Hi mom, hi Jamis!"

"There's my girl!"

Wrapping me in his warm arms, he picks me up and spins me around and I lock my legs around his waist.

Jamis moved from London with his family at four it just so happened my mom and his mom were roommates and best friends in college.

Mrs. Zimpler called my mom up a few days after they moved here, hoping to rekindle their friendship.

And here we are like brother and sister while our parents are the best of friends.

"You went riding without me? I'm really hurt LJ." He says in his faint London accent, feigning hurt.

"Hey, not fair! I didn't know you were coming."

I say pouting, giving him my puppy dog face, which I knew he couldn't resist. He rolls his eyes at me.

"Fine! I forgive you this time but only if you stop with the face!"

Immediately smiling I fist pump.

"Yes!"

Jamis, Flint, Micheal and my mom start laughing at my behavior.

"Alright silly girl, I'm sure the guys want some attention too."

Putting me down, he makes his way over to Flint and Micheal to greet them as well.

"Dinner will be ready soon, make sure you've got these boys cleaned up before then please."

"Of course mama."

With that my mom turns and goes back in the house.

Making my way over to the guys I become curious about their conversation.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Micheal speaks up first.

"Oh just that new girl at school C... something I don't know. Anyway I remembered seeing her take a tour of the school Yesterday."

"Yeah me too, she's in one of my classes. She's really pretty but she doesn't talk much." Jamis adds.

"Really? She seemed to make friends pretty quickly, she was friends with that tall Polynesian girl before first. I passed them in the hall today."  Flint states shrugging his shoulders.

I'm pretty sure I know who they're talking about but I don't say anything immediately. If I'm not mistaken it's the girl that accidentally ran into me today.

"Do you know who we're talking about?" Flint say directing his question to me.

"Uh.. yeah, I think so."

"How?"

"She, um, ran into me in the hallway."

"And?"

"There is no 'and' she apologized and that was the end of it."

"Wait wait. You didn't say anything back?" Micheal jumps in the back and forth between Flint and I.

"No, what was there to say? I nodded and walked away."

"You could have said something! Seriously Laur did you not see how beautiful she was?"

"Well.. no I didn't really pay attention. Look it doesn't matter can we go on a ride before we have to get ready for dinner?"

Making my way to my bike I hear the boys mumbling but they dropped the previous conversation.

🔅🔹🔅🔹

We had just finished dinner and we're all now sitting in the livingroom to watch a movie.

Ally sits down on my right placing her head on my shoulder, while Jamis sits on my left placing his head on my lap.

I feel like a pillow when they do this but I'm used to it, because they do this all the time.

Everyone else was spread out, my mom and dad are sitting on the smaller couch, Flint and Micheal are laying on the floor and Chris and Taylor are sitting on the other small couch.

The movie is droning on and as time is going by, I find my thoughts are drifting back to the girl from earlier. Although I didn't pay much attention to her, I did realize that she was a super shy girl.

Shaking off my thoughts I focus my attention back on the movie.

🔅🔹🔅🔹

Everyone finally left so I make my way to my room, grabbing some clean clothes I go in my bathroom to take a shower.

Connecting my phone to my speaker and immediately The 1975 fills my ears. I start removing my clothes until I'm completely naked.

Hopping in the shower, I feel my muscles start to relax from the heat of the water pounding against my skin.

After I wash myself for a few minutes, I step out of the shower, dry off and get dressed.

My eye lids are becoming heavy as I prepare for bed and the moment my head hits the pillow, everything goes dark.