I was looking at her

Flint and I had texted continuously for the remainder of Thursday, just getting to know each other.

Now it's Friday morning and I'm excited not only because it's about to be the weekend but also because it's the day I get to see my first motocross race.

Completely dressed for school I head down the stairs for breakfast.

Walking into the kitchen the first thing I see is Sofi eating her cereal at the island.

Walking over to her I kiss her head and greet her

"Morning Sof, morning mom and dad."

"Mornin' Kaki."

"Morning sweetheart." My parents say in unison.

My dad places my breakfast in front of me, while also placing a kiss on my head.

Eating in silence and finishing my breakfast quickly, I get up to leave for school but realize I forgot to bring my book bag downstairs.

"Hey Sof you love me right?"

"I mean sometimes, sure."

Gasping at her comment, I turn to my parents.

"Mom, dad. Can we order me another sibling and ship this one back? I think this one's broken."

My parents struggle to hold in their laughter as Sofi opens and closes her mouth, skimming for a come back.

"No Kaki, don't ship me nowhere, I love you all the time!"

Holding in my laughter I replied with a straight face. "Nope it's too late and it's anywhere not nowhere."

With that I climb the stairs and grab my book bag before returning back down them.

As soon as my feet hit the flat ground Sofi is in front of me.

"Kaki I'm sorry, I love you. Just please don't get rid of me..please?"

Smile in gently at her, I caress her cheek with my thumb to calm her down.

"Sof as far as I'm concerned, you're the best little sister anyone could ask for and I wouldn't trade you for the world. Ever."

Bending down I gather her in a warm hug and kiss her on the cheek, before standing back up.

With my keys in hand I start heading towards the front door before Sofi's voice stops me in my tracks.

"Can.. I ride to school with you?" She asks shyly causing me to smile in endearment.

I reach out my hand to her, "Of course you can."

Her worried expression vanishes and is traded for her bright little smile as she throws her bag over her shoulder and grabs my hand.

Waving goodbye to our parents we head to the car and I open the door for my adorable sister.