Chapter 7: Motel California

''Alright, so I have five.''

''Five? You have five suspects?''

Earlier that evening, coach Finstock had been informed that the cross-country meet had been moved so the students were forced to spend the night in a remote motel on the road. It had not been an uneventful trip at all since their journey to the motel was riddled with fights between the wolves, injuries that refused to heal and unanswered questions about who was murdering people around town. So, in the midst of their break from the trip, Scott and Stiles had decided to regroup and starting laying down their respective theories on who was the big threat they hadn't faced yet. Who was the dark druid sacrificing innocents in the name of power.

''Yeah, it's usually ten. Well, nine technically, I guess. I had Derek on there twice.'' explained Stiles, both teenagers laying on their motel room beds, their eyes fixed on the ceiling above them.

''So who's number one? Harris?'' questioned Scott as he turned to look at his best friend.

''Just because he's missing doesn't mean he's dead.''

''So, if he's not dead...'' argued Scott, ''our chemistry teacher is out secretly committing human sacrifices...''

Stiles was quiet for a second before giving in and accepting his friend's argument.

''Yeah, I guess that just sounded way better in my head.'' he admitted.

''Well, what if it's somebody else from school?'' offered Scott. ''Like, you remember Matt? We didn't know that he was killing people.''

''Excuse me?'' gasped Stiles, abruptly sitting up on his bed. ''I'm sorry, what? I... yes, we did!'' he exclaimed. ''I called that from day one, actually.''

''Yeah, but we never really seriously thought that it was Matt.''

''I was serious!'' pressed Stiles. ''I was quite serious, actually. Deadly serious. No one listened to me.''

Scott sighed, but decided to not push the topic anymore. ''Who were the other four?'' he asked, urging his friend to continue exposing his theories.

''Derek's sister, Cora. No one knows anything about her. Well, except... you know... but her judgement probably isn't at its best. Plus, she's Derek's sister. Next, your boss.''

''My boss?'' questioned Scott, raising his eyebrows in surprise.

''Yeah, your boss. I don't really like the whole Obi-Wan thing he's got going on, you know. It freaks me out.'' he explained but his expression turned into one of shock once his saw Scott's confused state. ''Oh, my God. Have you still not seen Star Wars?''

''I swear, if we make it back alive, I will watch the movie.'' promised Scott.

''Just makes me crazy.'' mumbled Stiles but was quickly cut off by Scott once again.