Chapter 10: The Girl Who Knew Too Much

...Deucalion...

Punch!

...The Darach...

Punch!

...Tessa...

Punch!

The more he punched, the less he felt. The more his knuckles bruised against the leather fabric of the punching bag, the less pain Derek felt.

He was confused, he was angry, and he was hopeless.

''She's at the hospital.'' came a voice from behind him. Peter.

''I know. Cora told me.'' he mumbled as he returned to the punching bag. His strikes stronger, but more careless.

''Her liver's failing. Mets have finally reached her internal organs.''

''I know.'' he growled, the wolf within him surfacing as he punched the bag so hard, it went flying across the loft. Sighing in frustration, he turned to face his uncle. ''I can't do it Peter. I can't give her the bite.''

''But why? She'd be perfect. Smart, loyal, strong. Imagine all the possibilities.'' argued Peter, that infamous smirk on his face.

'' argued Peter, that infamous smirk on his face

''She also might die.'' countered Derek, wincing at the mention of the girl's impending death. He felt so overwhelmed. He was losing his pack, his family was in danger, and yet all he could think was that girl in the hospital bed. The girl who whispered words of comfort to his ears even when she was beyond mad at him. He didn't deserve any of it. He didn't deserve her.

''She's dying anyway. The only question now, is when.''

''I don't even know if she wants the bite.'' sighed Derek, and Peter snorted in return.

''Oh, are you kidding me Derek?" questioned his uncle

''Oh, are you kidding me Derek?" questioned his uncle. "The only reason that girl came back was to track you down so she'll get a chance to live. She still hasn't asked because she was afraid she'd die before getting to help her friends. She's on a hospital bed with a non-functioning liver, she doesn't have much help in her. She wouldn't say no. If it was me I would've jumped to the chance as soon as I saw her.'' argued the wolf, stepping closer to his nephew with every word. ''Think about it. One bite is all it takes. One. Single. Bite.'' whispered Peter, but Derek wouldn't have it. It all felt like Paige all over again...