first kiss part two

The second first kiss John had was with a boy named Timothy. It was in the fall of 1991, behind the bleachers, after the first rugby game of the season. They were both sixteen. John, as a sophomore, had made the winning run, and the team had carried him off the field, cheering his name. John's father had been there, smiling in the stands, the pride for his son radiating off of him. Later, in the locker room, Timothy had pulled John aside.

"You were...fantastic out there, John." His voice was low and quiet.

"Thank you." John tried not to let his ears flush with the compliment. He had always been prone to blushing when it came to boys.

"Do you want to meet me by the snack bar after you're done?"

John had nodded. He remembered distinctly thinking that maybe today would be that day he could finally come out to his father.

John continued down the line of hand shakes and back pats and "good jobs" of his teammates and coaches. It was almost 10 pm by the time he had changed out of his uniform and back into white jeans and a baby blue polo. Timothy was under the bleachers by the snack bar, a cigarette between his lips.

"John," he waved the blonde boy over.

"Hey, what's up?"

"You...you were great out there on the field today."

"Thank you," John beamed, taking a step forward. Timothy mirrored his actions.

"I mean, obviously you were great. You won the whole damn game, but you have such a talent."

"That means so much, Timothy."

"Yeah, I just...we're in the same history class, y'know?" John spotted the faint outline of a blush tinting Timothy's cheeks.

"I know," John chuckled. "Not my favorite subject."

"Mine either. I just wondered if you had ever noticed me." The blush grew deeper.

"I have," John almost whispered.

"I really really want to kiss you, John Wat--"

With that, John had closed the gap between them. Timothy's lips were warm from his cigarette, and he practically tasted like the smoke from it. John nibbled at his bottom lip, making Timothy whimper quietly and grab the collar of John's polo. It made John feel absolutely giddy with enthusiasm. He pressed on, pushing Timothy back against a frigid metal pole. The other boy shifted, and soon enough, one of John's thighs was between Timothy's legs.

"Oh God," John murmured, like a revelation, as Timothy moaned softly against his neck before biting at it. That was as far as the encounter got before John suddenly heard his name being shouted.