Connection with the Possessed

After my sanity was regained from that hellish nightmare. I needed to escape. But I was still injured, my ribs pulsed against me. I groaned, "Come on." My wings were burnt, my legs were weak, I was alone.

I managed to prop myself against a gravel wall. I know I said that my sanity was healed. But I stood at the dead center of my dream. A bead of sweat rolls down my panting face. My heart almost in my throat.

A vague image of Pittoo fighting me plays out in my head.

He held onto my Raptor Claws with the full intention of slaying me. I started into his eyes, like looking into a lion. Pent-up rage and conviction swelled in him, I could tell. He was hurt. His body trembled, with what emotion I couldn't tell. All of these things reminded me of  when we first met. 

Why was he so mad? What did I do?

That wasn't me.

I couldn't move without hurting myself, but I had to get out. I was lost. No goddess to save me or an idiot brother to rely on. This was the first time that I was genuinely alone.

I was lost.

That's when it hit me, I stopped breath for only a second. I checked on my wings.

My wings weren't burnt, they were gone. I saw them. -or where they were- blackened by the ash. They were only the bones, everything else was scorched during the fall. The sound of wind echoed in my mind. I couldn't fly. I was a wingless angel. I was a human with an inhuman fantasy of flying.

My wish would be, to fly by myself!

My strength left me, I collapsed on the ground. I tried to hold myself together, but I couldn't I was cradling the broken angel, me. "Palutena!" I cried. I wanted to hear her voice. I wanted to hear her encourage me to go on. I wanted to hear Viridi's cheery voice help me on the way.

And I wanted to hear Pittoo lecture me on what I did wrong and what he could do better. I wanted to leap into their arms, to know that what I did was for the best. I wanted me and Pittoo to fly away, feeling the wind by our side, smelling the fresh air, and overhearing children play and birds sing.

Nothing.

Only my screams to keep me sane. But I was even losing that

I had no wings to fly on, only faint memories to be nostalgic by. The wind was against me, whipping me and breaking me down. The fragrance of this area was of ashes, smoke, and blood. And all that I heard, was the cackling of rogue fires, the hiss of smoke, and the echo of tears.

I wanted to continue on. My legs weren't the damaged part of me, it was me. My body burned inside, but I shivered. My eyes were wet but they were on fire. My heart was here but not my hope. My figure tensed, but I was weak.

I was hopeless without someone pushing me. Or dragging me. 

I looked around, blocking the image of the battlefield. The floor was of red of some type of gravel, or maybe it was just dried blood. I was standing in the center. All around me , the floor slowly ascended into spike, protruding in every direction. I looked up at the sky, or where it should've been. The clouds were ebony. The stars weren't there, neither was the moon or sun. 

Was it day? Or night?

"Come to me.... Come to me.... COME TO ME O' SACRED ONE!" 

My throat clenched. I stopped shaking. The small noises around me ceased. I turned, watching any movement. Nothing. I was slowly losing my sanity.

This world was messing with me. Or was I already mad?