Is this a Nightmare?

"Chaos..."

I instantly turn my head. I see Pit standing before me. But... it's not him. He's to calm for Pit's demeanor, to pleased. He must be Chaos. He stood, one hand on his hip and another on his sword. "So you must be dark Pit. I already like you better."

What can I say, he looked like Pit. The same messy short hazel hair. The same height, probably the same age. And... the same eyes. His eyes were Pit's. Hopeful, kind, happy, those naive eyes were crazed.

Blood was splattered on his tunic, his wings, the blood cloaked him.

Pit was dying because of him. I took another glance at Pit. He was cradling me for safety, he was scared. "Chaos?" I repeated. 

Pit was burning up. His wings weren't there. Was this Pit? Was this how defeated and helpless he was?

"Dark Pit. The embodiment of Pit's despair, his dying anguish? It's so nice to finally meet you." Pit whined in pain. "Hey! Pit!" I nudged him slightly. "He feeds of my pain, my fear." "Ahh yes, Icarus's fear. It tastes delicious by the way. You should try it." 

I gently set Pit down. "It's alright. Pit. We'll come soon. Just hang in there, please."

Chaos started laughing. "HAHAHA! We'll? It seems only you came to his safety! EVEN HIS GODDESS DISAPPEARED! YOU CANNOT KILL ME!" His voice was so much like him. "Shut up!" I warned. He wasn't fazed. My teeth clenched with his pompous-like posture. 

"Pitto..." Pit whispered. It pained me enough to see him like this, but to watch him fight it like this. Seeing him like this reminded me how strong he really was. I said nothing and watched him. "You'll die if you stay here... Go..."

My anger came forth, "No! Pit I swear! Don't do this!" I held him closer to me. I felt how cold he was, how dead-cold he was. He grasped onto my arm that held desperately onto his own. 

He smiled, "I'm sorry. But please, don't do this. It's enough if I know that you'll be here soon. I'll fight him as much as I can, but you can't stay here. You need to prepare and help me defeat Chaos."

I could feel my conscious fading in this realm. "No!" 

Pit smiled. "Go. And when you come back, we'll defeat the Chaos Kin together. Once more."

I held onto Pit with my trembling loving hands. "No! Pit don't be an idiot again!!" 

I woke up screaming. Palutena and Viridi were both crying. I composed myself, but I was shaking. Sweat poured off me. "Pitto! You're awake!" Viridi rejoiced. I breathed in slowly. "Yeah."

"You were having those 'phases' right?" I nodded, sitting up. 

Great, now they saw me crying like a child. I groaned. "Well, there's a first hand piece of pie in my life so far." 

And Viridi slapped me. It stung -and HARD- I hissed as it burned. I looked at her, which directed me to her many tears. "Viridi?" She said nothing. 

"You really are Pit's brother you idiot!" She stormed off, leaving a red mark on my cheek, and a million and one questions. I followed her, still very stunned. "What?"

Viridi sighed. "When you collapsed in front of her. We made sure you were fine. But... your pulse wasn't there. You have connections with Pit, and we goddesses have connections to our angel. When you faded into a coma like state, her power depleted almost completely."

I hated what I heard. I stood up, "Don't tell me, Palutena?" She was kneeling on the floor. She was -she looked- broken. "Palutena!" She raised a hand in assurance. "I'll be fine." 

A sudden realization came to me. "Don't tell me. Palutena? When I've suffered, you have too?" She bit her lip. My sense of anger wasn't depleted. I tightened my jaw. Viridi stood up, her hands were in a defending position. "Pittoo. Don't take your anger on her." I shook my head. "No... I'll take it on Hades." 

Palutena sighed with relief. I muttered under my breath, "The Chaos Kin..."

"What?" Viridi asked. I growled. "I know what's down there. What's down there with Pit." They obviously seemed interested. I continued, trying to ignore the empty feeling in my chest.

"When I came, I saw Pit fighting... himself. Chaos took over his body, that's why he's fighting! That's why he's in pain! The Chaos Kin must've been down there with him. It..." I dropped my voice. "The Kin must've taken over Pit's soul." Palutena started crying. I stood over her. I wasn't Pit... I wasn't her angel. 

My wings were black, my ways and ambition was different than Pit's. Our ideals, are not the same. How should I help her. "Palutena..." I stopped. 

Damnit! Why did Pit have to shed all his problems onto me! He is the Angel that everyone loved, not me. I was the copy, no one liked the copy. But...

"Don't die on me brother."

One of the very first -and somehow last- things I have said to him. I still remember the scorching heat against my bare shoulders. The crawling pain of the Chaos Kin digging under my skin, trying to enter me. But, the warm embrace that Pit gave me, the embrace of a brother. The tears in his eyes. His smile...

Everything seemed to connect.

"Palutena," I turned back on her, facing her, "I have a plan."

"What's the hope." She cried. 

What? That wasn't like her! "What's the hope? Palutena your angel is dying! We need to save him! I have a plan! But I need your help. The both of you." I looked at Viridi, she nodded, "I'll do it." I looked back on her, "Palutena?"

"Pit is almost dead, I can't feel his power anymore. Look Pitto. He'll already be swallowed by the Chaos Kin years before we come there. There's no hope. Just-" 

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME!" I shouted. She looked in my eyes. Her green eyes tainted with tears and...

I understood now. "Palutena! Wake up! Don't give in!" Viridi whined.

"That's not Palutena..." 

"What! What are you saying Pittoo!" My eyes darkened with pure unrelenting hate. "Look in her eyes. That's not the same person." Viridi clenched her fist. "You are dense, she's not the same person since her angel is trapped." 

"Her eyes aren't her natural forest green Viridi! Look deeper!" I yelled. She jumped slightly, then knelt to Palutena. She gasped.

I wanted to kill Hades...

This was his doing. He saw the chance. He took Palutena's sorrow and... manipulated her.

Or at least I thought this was him. 

"Can Hades manipulate anyone through despair?" Viridi shook her head, the idea not clicking in her mind. "No. But he can use Telepathic powers." 

"That's it!" I openly discovered. "Can anyone else?" I asked again. Viridi looked confused, "Palutena, The Reaper... and Hades, basically... all Deities. We all use Telepathy for communication." I was just about to walk out on her, but she stopped me. "But Pitto, why are you asking me this?"

"Something -or someone- is convincing Palutena to lose all hope. That's why she's fallen down on depression." Something clicked in Viridi (finally).

She stopped, and looked at me. "You don't have your crown on right?" My sass overloaded, "Does it look like I have one on-" I stopped. "But Pit has one on though."

We both simultaneously said the exact same word, "The Chaos Kin!"

(Special Thanks to the one Person that inspired me to write the Chapter TheUnknownAuthor707)