Nightmare

"Hello." It introduced. It wasn't the flimsy monster that I remembered. It was me.

It had my beige ruffled hair, with a bloodied tunic. Red beady eyes watched me with eagerness. I was overshadowed by the blood-soaked wings. That was me.

Bit by bit, my dream was coming into a reality.

I couldn't move. I was pinned to the ground with fear. That's not me! That can't be!

I tried to repeat that from my head, that's not me.

The creature laughed, it even sounded like me. I didn't have a weapon. I didn't have anything to defend myself. I just watched in fear. "Who- Who are you!"

"What are you dense! I'm you! Just you're not as handsome as I." He stood up, I stared longingly at his wide, bloodied wings. Was I jealous? Or afraid? I backed away, limping. I couldn't run far, but I had to try.

I backed away faster, never looking away from this creature. He sighed, and rolled his head backwards, "Ugh. Possessing you is much harder to do if your afraid kid."

I backed in the middle of the nightmare I had, I was pinned, unless I wanted to jump off. Did I want to?

I backed all the way up to the cliff, pain pounded like the sounds of drums. The creature looked uneasy for a second, but regained himself so fast I thought I dreamt it.

"Look kiddo. I wouldn't want to spoil both of our days but-" I jumped back and didn't feel the safety of ground. I saw the creature's frightened expression before I felt the air bellow at my side. I chuckle at a thought. This almost feels like flying. However, remembering the hot pain on my shoulder blades, where the wings should be, I tell myself that I am not flying. I was in fact falling.

The whistling of wind crying at my ear. I open my hand and feel the pressure of the air resistance. And for a slight moment, I felt peace.

I look around myself, seeing more of where I landed myself into. The floating rocks and levitating grounds made me think of when Skyworld when it was taken over by the Chaos Kin. I close my eyes, now only seeing black, I wait for the inevitable.

"Come on kiddo! You aren't supposed to die like that. I was supposed to kill you, not a flimsy fall like that." The wind that once flew by my side stopped, and I wasn't falling anymore.

When I opened my eyes, I saw the Chaos kin -or me- holding onto my tunic. I watched his wings beat like a heartbeat, those aren't angel wings. They were the reddened wings bigger than anything I ever saw. Those were Archangel wings. They triumphed over my wings, allowing him to fly faster, and longer. But why did he have those wings?

He landed on another levitating land piece before throwing me on it.

I hit the not-so-soft ground with a hard crash. Landing on where my wings would be, I scream. The Chaos Kin laughed. "HahaHA! Wow, you are like a fragile little Mono-eye. One little attack and you're dead. How cute! I always forget how weak angels really are."

I gasped, gritting my teeth, "I am not cute! Chaos Kin."

The Kin flew closer to me, then whistled, "Wow, you can scowl. Didn't think you had it in ya. Well, to make it easier talking to me instead of using Chaos Kin as my name, the name's Pit."

I growl harder, "No. That's my name. I'll call you Chaos."

I struck a nerve with him. He turned and glared at me, "Didn't you hear my kiddo? The name's Pit." I didn't give him the right to be called that. I didn't give him the right to take my identity, to take my name away from me. "Yeah? Well it doesn't suit you, so I'll call you Chaos. Now that suits you."