Saudade

"Alright, class, don't forget about the assignment I gave you. You are now dismissed."

The moment their college professor said those words, the first year students packed their belongings and went out of the room. Among those students was the former pinch server of Karasuno who was hastily stuffing his notebook inside his bag. In a heap, the young man dashed out of the classroom and headed for the train station. As he boarded the bullet train, the smile on his face grew since he was to meet up with a certain tall blond who possessed a salty attitude and the ability to push everyone's buttons. Nevertheless, he was a great friend.

Well, at least to Yamaguchi.

'I wonder if he's there already?' Yamaguchi thought before he chuckled. 'What am I even thinking that for? Of course he's there!'

Since they belonged to a college prep class in high school, the two had their minds set on the university they wanted to attend, which was to say, were different and had sort of a distance. Even so, Tadashi would still go and visit Tsukki after class; this was a routine he had at the start of college. Every day, he and the former middle-blocker would meet up and Yamaguchi would ramble about his day while Tsukishima listened and occasionally gave advice.

'Huh...Tsukki and advice. Weird mix.'

If Kageyama and Hinata were to hear this, they would NEVER believe him. Kei wasn't the friendliest person on earth and the level of sass this boy has should be considered legendary, more so when he was pissing off opponents during volleyball matches. Speaking of volleyball, Tadashi and Kei didn't pursue the sport in college although the blond did receive a scholarship for it in another university. Their more enthusiastic counterparts, Hinata and Kageyama, were still about the ball being life. The genius setter and the ultimate decoy were well-known and were taken as a set by one university, much to everyone's amusement. They kept in touch with each other, and it was both hilarious and sad to know that the freak duo still struggled with some classes.

"We passed! By a thread, but passed anyway. And that's all that mattered." were the words said by Hinata after he and Kageyama received their midterm grades.

Yamaguchi's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of his phone. The lovable male took out his gadget and expected to receive an impatient text from Kei; however, it was from another blonde – Yachi Hitoka, Karasuno's former manager. Yachi was also part of a college prep class and she was accepted into a good university which, surprisingly, was the same one Kiyoko was attending.

Her text read: Help! Kiyoko-senpai isn't around and Kuroo-san's talking to me again! What do I do???

Yamaguchi chuckled upon seeing the blonde's panicked text. Apparently, the former captain of Nekoma had his eyes set on her but Yachi interpreted it as her doing something that had irked him so the cat with the bedhead hair was out to make her life miserable. Oh Yachi.

Yamaguchi sent his reply before his mind drifted again. Thankfully, the train wasn't packed so he was seated comfortably. His eyes scanned the area and stopped at two familiar faces. On the far from where he was sitting were the former volleyball players of Seijoh chatting and grinning – Hanamaki and Matsukawa, was it? Yamaguchi wasn't very acquainted with them but he and Hanamaki sometimes ran into each other at the library. He never saw the black-haired male on campus so he guessed Matsukawa was attending a different university. Still, those two seemed like they only parted yesterday.

'They're kind of like me and Tsukki...only they're not.' Yamaguchi thought before closing his eyes for a quick nap.

A few minutes later, Yamaguchi arrived at his destination. The young man walked the peaceful streets until he saw the tall male leaning against the trunk of a sakura tree.