Million Reasons

Head stuck in a cycle, I look off and I stare

It's like that I've stopped breathing, but completely aware

Repetitive: a word which described the life of Akaashi Keiji. Everything had been a cycle and all had stayed the same. Every morning, Akaashi would rise to the sound of his alarm going off then he would take a quick shower before eating a well-balanced meal his mother had prepared. After that, he would brush his teeth and he'd get dressed for school, and then waited for the sound of the doorbell. For reasons unexplained, Bokuto insisted that they should walk to school together. Akaashi sighed. Perhaps his life wasn't so repetitious, especially with Bokuto around.

'Since when was his house near mine?' The setter thought as he tied his tie.

He wasn't against the idea of having Bokuto around; after all, Akaashi had come to accept his companionship and, to an extent, considered the other male his friend. The black-haired teen wasn't entirely sure how to handle his senior at first, more so since his usual lifestyle had been greatly altered with the appearance of the wild captain. Life had been so repetitious that he wasn't expecting something new.

"...."

Akaashi briefly wondered why he was in this situation, let alone remained in it. He could've weaselled his way out or told the other off and have a less stressful life but nooooo – he endured it all and although there were times where he was actually mad at Bokuto, he maintained his poker face and kept his rage at a minimum. Again, for reasons unclear, Bokuto highly valued Akaashi's opinions and every praise that came out of the setter's mouth sounded like a choir of angels singing (Komi's words, not Akaashi's). Said setter wasn't very affected since he learned quickly and he was fast to catch up on people's quirks. With Bokuto and his unpredictable mood swings, every day became not-so monotonous anymore.

"Akaashi dear, Koutarou-kun's here!" Akaashi's mother called out.

Upon hearing so, Fukurodani's setter went down the stairs where he was greeted by a smile too bright and too chipper.

"O-ha-yo!!!"

"Ah, good morning." Akaashi said with a curt nod. "We'll be leaving now, mom."

As they exited the house – and Koutarou frantically waving goodbye at Akaashi's mom – Akaashi turned to face the boy.

"Bokuto-san, you can always ring the doorbell. I told you that before."

The other raised a brow before shrugging. "I was about to, but your mom saw me before I had the chance. Seems pretty dumb to ring the doorbell when she already invited me in."

'You did that once though.' "Alright. Don't be a stranger."

Koutarou laughed. "Geez, were you always so formal, Akaashi?"

There it was – the normal usage of his name. Just when he was used to having his name butchered, Bokuto resorted to call him with the proper intonation. No more exaggerated "Akaaaashi" or "Aghkaashi!" Just a normal "Akaashi."

....

It was quite unnerving, if Akaashi was being completely honest.

'What's his game?' The setter thought before he dismissed the issue. Perhaps Bokuto was only being his erratic self again.

The two walked in silence – once more, another thing Akaashi wasn't used to – until they came across a burned-down house. The walls were completely blackened with ash and the roof looked like it had been pelted with lava. No trace of the lawn was left nor was the desperate attempt to escape. The thought of the fire completely consuming the residents without remorse and without giving any chance of survival sent a shiver down Akaashi's spine.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Nov 26, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Ifs (Haikyuu Oneshots)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें