A date but not-a-date Date

"Marianette! Over here!"
"No Marianette! Tell me what was it like being the superhero for the day?"
"Marianette Dupen-Cheng! Smile for the photo!"

New reporters loomed over me as a crowd started to gather around me and Nathanial. The Mayor was here, with Chloe (Yay!.......) but she didn't look happy. I wasn't looking forward to this. Until, a certain familiar brown haired girl came up to me. Alya waved and she hugged me like there was no tomorrow.
"Girl! I was so worried you didn't pick up your phone! Are you alright? Why didn't you pick up your phone? You look so pretty in your dress! Tell me everything! Was Ladybug there? Did she say hi? Tell me TELL ME!!!" Alya literally exploded with so many questions.
"I'll tell you later.." I sighed, hugging her tightly back. I saw Nathanial lurked under a tree behind us, watching us.

I broke away from the hug and came over to him.
"Hey." I said awkwardly. Why am I so bad at starting conversations?
Nathanial turned towards me."Oh hey Marianette."
"What's up?"
"Nothing."
I sensed his fear and humiliation. Red burned on his cheeks, so I leaned in closer and smiled.
"You know when I kissed you? It was all real." I hoped that cheered him up. It did.
Nathanial seemed to take interest and warmed up to me.
"I'm so so so sorry Marianette. I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I just sort of...lost control."
"It's OK, I get you. People tend to have their moments, it's life."I forgive you."
"You do?"
"Yes, I do. I hope this helps." I leaned in and kissed him, on the cheek. After that he blushed again furiously, smiling wider.
"I'm not sure you like me back Marianette, but I love you. I really do. I just wanted you to know that. I'm sorry, this sounds so lame."
I giggled, "Don't worry, it's not. See you in school?"
Nathanial brightened up more and grinned.
"See you in school."

I got up and left, my hair loosely blowing in the breeze. It was night now, and the moon shone high and proud. It's silver light bathed our skin in bright lights and shone like stars.

"Hey Marianette."
"ARGGGHHH!" I jumped.
Adrien, Adrien in the flesh, was smirking that Cat Noir smirk, AT ME!
"A-Adrien! What are doing you here? I mean! What doing you here? I mean! What are you doing here?" I stuttered and looked down politely, avoiding his emerald green eyes.
"I heard Nathanial kidnapped you as Evillustrator and you helped him to change back." He answered smoothly, still smirking. I'm a bit smirked-out for today.
"Umm..Yeah." I saw Alya hiding behind a bush filming this. I bet you she is going to upload this onto the LadyBlog. I motioned for her to stop filming, but this attracted Adrien's attention and he looked round.
"Is something bothering you?" He asked, scanning the surroundings keenly.
"Nope!" I sang cheerily, smiling so widely I was worried I might pull a muscle.
"Anyway, I heard you had quite an adventure with Cat Noir."
That's it. He triggered me. Cat Noir IS Adrien. ( I think )
"Umm yes I did." I nodded eagerly.
"Do you like him? I think he's quite cool."
"He's dreamy.... But not as dreamy as you.......r mate, umm... Nino! No! I mean Cat noir's awesome and he's going on a date that not-a-date Date with me tonight! I blurted out. Why do I always chicken out?
"A date? With Cat Noir? Are you sure he can leave it for some other time and...hang out with me?"
I gasped. Was Adrien asking me out?
"Are you asking me out?"
"Do you want me to ask you out?"
"But If I go out with you, Cat Noir will be disappointed. I really like him and I don't want to let him down. But... I would love to go out with you though."
I CAN'T BELIEVE I JUST SAID THAT I LIKE ADRIEN! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Adrien smirked.
"Don't worry about it. We can go out another time! By the way you look really cute with your hair down. And stunning in that dress. Laters." Adrien waved after he said goodbye. I stared after him, all googly eyed and droopy mouthed.
"Yeah... bye...." I looked a state. Adrien asked me out and I said no. ADRIEN ASKED ME OUT AND I SAID NO! What am I doing? I said no! I am so stupid! I AM SO STUPID!
Alya emerged from hiding. She shook my shoulder's before I had a chance to process what just happened.
"GIRL HE ASKED YOU OUT AND YOU SAID NO? That was the love of your life!" Alya made things sound ten times worse. But I was still going on that date.