Chapter 5

I sat at my computer. The screen was still black as I waited for the worst FaceTime with Zack I would ever have. I jumped in my seat when the screen lit up. My hand shook as I took the mouse to answer the call. I finally clicked it. Zack's face appeared and my blood started to boil. He frowned when he saw my face that had anger written all over it.

"What's wrong babe?" He asked adjusting in his seat.

"Don't you dare call me babe!!" I growled. I lifted my phone to show him all the pictures. "Because I'm clearly not the only babe you have." I scowled. His eyes filled with fear as he examined the pictures.

"It's not what you think." He stuttered. I tilted my head.

"Then what are you doing KISSING her?!?" I scolded. He twisted his thumbs clearly looking for an answer. "No need. We're over." I screamed.

"NO! MAY! YOU DON-" I cut him off as I ended the call and slammed my laptop shut. I slumped back. I then felt a single tear stroll down my cheek. I curled up into a ball and began to cry. I felt warmth came over me as someone wrapped their strong arms around me. I looked up to see Emerson's bright green eyes. I turned to face him as he kissed me on the head. I embraced him. He smelt like cinnamon, and I loved it. He lifted me up and cradled me as he walked me to the living room where he plopped me down on his lap. I buried my face in his shoulder as I cried. He held me close and I felt safe. It was like I was in love again, but I wasn't. This was different. This was a type of love that I didn't understand. It was a safe love. Emerson was someone I trusted. We had spent our whole year together and grown to become close friends. As with Zack, we fell in love within days of meeting.

"Ich liebe dich" He whispered in my ear.

  "I love you too." I mumbled. I felt him smile as he placed a kiss to my cheek. My face still burned as I tried to stop crying. My mom was still at work, so Emerson was all I had, and I have to admit, I didn't mind. I placed my hand on his cheek and looked him in the eyes. I felt him shiver as he stared into my eyes.

"Still just friends. I love you, but-" he cut me off with a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he put his arms on my lower back. I thread my fingers through his blond hair and he led the kiss. I pulled away and looked at him. He was smirking. "Well, I guess we're more than friends now. Just don't tell anyone." I said grinning. He nodded and went to kiss my neck. Once I got off his lap, I went to grab a drink. I grabbed us both a coke as I cuddled next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder and turned on the tv.

"Friends good?" He asked looking down at me. I nodded taking a sip of my coke. "Great." He said turning it on. I sighed and placed my hand in his weaving my fingers through his.

When my mom got home, we quickly separated, and I pretended to be sad. Well, I was, but I had Emerson now. My mom walked in, coming right next to me. She hugged me.

"How'd it go?" She whispered in my ear. I nodded and began to tear up. I wanted to run and hug Emerson, but then it would be obvious we were dating. My mom backed up and whipped my cheek. "It's okay. You'll get over him. I promise." She said placing a gentle kiss to my cheek before heading to her room to change. I looked in Emerson's direction as he blew me a kiss. I stuck my hand out and pretended to catch it. I giggled then cupped my hand around my mouth remembering my mom was in the house.

"I got to go." Emerson said getting up. He came over to me and looked around to check no one could see before placing a kiss to my lips. I slapped his chest to get him away from me, knowing my mom would be out soon. He walked away and turned to wave to me before walking out the door. I sighed as I slumped back and continued to watch tv.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I played with my pork chops and corn. I wasn't in the mood for eating because of everything that had happened to day.

  "Sweetheart, what's wrong? You haven't touched your food." My mom said motioning down to my food. I looked up at her.

  "It's just that, I don't have an appetite." I said looking back to my food. She took my hand and held it firmly.

  "Honey, I know you loved Zack, but you need to move on. He was great while he lasted, but he's gone now." She said. I stared her in the eyes.

  "It's not just that..." I said regretting what I said immediately.

  "Then wha-" I cut her off.

  "I also love Emerson!! And we started dating to day." I screamed out. My mom looked at me in shock. It took me a second to realize what I said before I cupped my mouth in my hand. I buried my face in my hands and stayed there. I felt my mom still looking at me. I threw my hands down on the table and got up and ran to my room. I fell on my bed and cried. All I could think of was how I still loved Zack, but how I also loved Emerson, and how I wish I never called it quits with Zack. All I wanted was to be in the arms of the one I love. And that was Zack... or Emerson. No. Zack for sure. He's the one I love. Emerson is just a little love in between, but I couldn't tell him that, I love him to much!! ARGH!!!! Who do I love?