Chapter 11

I sat in the couch and watched Ross and Rachel move across the screen. My dad was at work, and everyone else was busy, so I was stuck here, alone. All of a sudden, the phone began to ring. I paused the show and went to answer. When I picked it up, I heard someone breathing.

  "Hello?" I asked.

  "May!! Is that you???" The person said. I recognized the voice. It was Zack's friend. They didn't hang much, but today they were.

  "Yeah. It me." I said leaning against the wall.

  "Zack... it's Zack... cars, blood, lights, Zack." He stuttered. I straitened grabbing my cell and purse.

  "Mark. Calm down. Tell me where to go." I said calmly, although I was crying inside.

  "St max." He said. I hung up and ran out the door. I jumped in my car and drove as fast as I could. When I arrived, I ran in.

  "I'm here for Zack Cole." I said to the receptionist. She looked on the computer.

  "Oh yes. Here. He's in critical condition and they aren't allowing visitors quiet yet." She said. "You can take a seat." She said pointing to the chairs. I nodded and sat down. Carlie then ran in and when she saw me, she hugged me. I cried. I cried until I couldn't cry.

  "It'll be okay." She said. I continued to cry. Finally they let in visitors. I walked in slowly and saw Mark. He stood up and hugged me.

  "How is he?" I asked tearing up.

  "It was a car accident. I'm so sorry." He said.

  "How is he?!?" I asked again frustrated.

  "Critical. They don't know if he'll make it." He said. I nodded and walked over to Zack. I sat on the bed and held his hand. I intertwined our fingers and let my tears fall.

  "Zack, don't leave. I love you. I want to marry you. I want you to be the father of my kids." I cried. He didn't move. The sound of his heart rate kept going and it haunted me. The nurse came in. I stood up not letting go of his hand.

  "Well, he'll be fine. His oxygen level is stable, blood is a little low, but that's not hard to fix, and his injuries are major, but nothing stitches can't fix." She said. I sighed a sigh of relief as I sat back down on the bed. I pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. I sat down in a chair and looked at his face that was all beaten up. My face burned as I got wet. Carlie hugged me and I fell into her. I cried and cried and cried. All I could do was cry. The boy I loved was in the hospital with oxygen. It scared me so bad. I wanted to kiss him and I wanted him to kiss me back. I haven't spent much time with him in the month I've been home due to school, so all I could think of was loosing him.

  My dad ran in and I jumped up and hugged him. He stroked my back and calmed me down.

  "May, I promise, Zack will be okay." He said. "May, how about we go home and you can come back tomorrow. It's getting late." My dad said. I nodded. I went over to Zack and kissed him one more time before leaving. I laid down in my bed and cried. Zack was the one I loved. I needed him. But now, he may not be around for me to love. I eventually fell asleep. When I woke up, I woke up to my phone going crazy. I answered a call from Carlie.

  "Hello?" A muttered.

  "Mayflower?" I heard a manly voice on the other end.

  "I'm coming right now!!" I said leaping out of bed. Once I got to the hospital, I ran into the room, hugging Zack. I looked him in the eyes.

  "I love you too." He mumbled. I grinned and kissed him. I pulled back and stared at him.

  "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't trust you. I love you and I want to be your girlfriend. Please, take me back?" I asked. He smiled and kissed my hand.

  "I would've kissed your lips, but I can't really move." He said. I laughed. I looked down at his hand that had IV in it.

  "Were you ever going to leave me?" I asked looking at our hands that were connected. He looked me in the eyes.

  "Why did you ever worry your gorgeous blue eyes?" He asked grinning. I smiled and kissed him.

"Because I love you! I didn't want to loose you!!" I said hitting his arm. He winced in pain. "Oh, sorry." I said. He nodded. The doctor walked in.

"Oh!! Zack. Good to see you up. How are you feeling?" She asked walking to him.

"I'm sore. Everything hurts." He said. She nodded.

"Well, you'll be good to go in about three days. Until then, we'll just have you on IV and possibly getting stitches." She said. I grabbed his hand on the last part. Zack was terrified of any type of surgery. I felt him tighten his grip on my hand when he heard it. He didn't say anything, just nodded and she talked. "Finally, no broken bones. Surprisingly. Just really bad bruises. Nothing to worry about." She said.

"Then why can't he be released in two days?" I asked. She looked at her papers.

"Depending on how fast we can get stitches done." She said.

"Then be done in two days." I said. Zack grabbed my hand. I looked down at him. His eyes were pleading me to stop, but I didn't listen. "I want him out of here in two days. Can you do that?" I asked sternly. She flipped through some papers.

"Let me ask." She said leaving the room. I sat down on the bed and Zack held me.

"What was that about?" He asked rubbing my back. I shrugged.

"I don't know. I just want you out of the hospital." I mumbled. I grinned.

"When are you going to school?" Carlie asked. I looked at her.

"Pretty soon. I just need to get my dorm then I'm ready." I said. Zack hit my thy. I turned and glared at him.

"I forgot to tell you!! I'm enrolled at the university of Washington!!!" He acclaimed. I jumped for joy, hugging him.

  "That's great!! We get to go to college together!!" I said still hugging him. He placed a soft kiss to my cheek.

  "Sure enough Mayflower." He said quietly.

  "Okay!! So I've been wondering," Carlie started talking as Zack and I directed our attention to her. "Where did Mayflower come in?" I grinned.

  "Oh! One day Zack and I were texting while I was still in Germany, and I said I'm as delicate as a flower. Then he wrote A Mayflower. Ever since then, it's stuck." She nodded. "Well, I got to go." I said kissing Zack's forehead. "Text me what the doctor says." I said walking out the room. I leaned back in my car and thought. He's mine. He's all mine.

  A.N. Yay!! The scene I've had planned for so long!!! They are finally back together!! Well... not officially, but you know, kinda. Only two or three more chapters!!!! :( Probably only two though. I have an amazing idea and guess who it involves??? I'll give you some hints.
1)Bestie+Exie (tried to rhyme bestie with ex)
2)"MOMMY"
3) GTT (Gone To Texas)