2017

3O march.

dormant azalea,

are you sad? cause i am sorta sad. lmaooo. hi :)) who ya think? i'm writing this at 3 in the morning. give a wild guess why the craziest shit always happens at 3 am in the fic? haH. but nah.

it's sort of weird writing another one of these author's ending notes since halfway through the process of finishing this fic, i was overcome with the urge of scrapping it, and i obvs would've if it weren't for you. that's it. you're the whole reason why this even exists. ((but i'll let you in on a lil somethin', the comments really got me. y'all got me chortling and crying all at once.))

can we all just take a moment to inhale real deep, keep it in for five seconds, and just- ahhhhhhh god. finally, we've reached the finale.

thank you so much to everyone who dropped by and decided this fic was worth their time. this story wouldn't reach this far without you, really. you've all inspired me to a phenomenal extent.

i'm sure there have been some confusions as you read along, having that i'm the shadiest btch out there. to hopefully clear things up, here are some points which i never had the chance to emphasize AND some facts about the story, too:

1) despite sounding ancient af, i really imagined taehyung writing each letter when they were 17 or within the range of their ages rn and by the time they reach pass the age of 25, or whatever, they poof outta here.

2) in connection, i have this theory that a soul's residence in its vessel has an expiration date so whenever either of their physical bodies diminish - with the other one following right after - their souls are given a different body in turn and it just so happens that once they live again, they're close to each other (with respect to geography and all that jazz) since they were basically woven in the same soul-factory :)))

3) i really intended to include at least one historical event that happened in the year dated on each letter to make it more real (i guess) but i later got too engrossed in making everything emotional and completely forgot about it.

4) they frickled at least once,, jjustsaying

5) if you missed it, on the letter dated 2006, they pulled a romeo and juliet. guy wrote the letter and drowned himself. the other guy, he pulled a cobain and told nobody but of course, the other guy found out caUSE HE'S ACTUALLY RAVEN FROM THAT'S SO RAVEN STUCK IN A MAN's BodY

6) taehyung's seriously just mad in-love with jungkook that it's almost an obsession.

7) as you've noticed, taehyung fancied variably referring to his azalea. he only really changes the title before azalea depending on how he feels. for examplee, the first few chapters he went for 'dormant azalea' bc he's hella fuckn sulky and was just trying to be subtle at calling jungkook a 'numb-fuck'... kidding but not really. tho you get the gist right?

8) i hope you imagined everything adding up to our real-time, like the guy who wrote all that shit now actually belongs in bangtan cause if you didn't, i just failed at the only job i thought i could do right.

9) in my first draft, taehyung was supposed to be called'warfare' instead of 'zinnia'

10) i originally entitled this story 'cluster collision' but i thought it sounded like a major sci-fi fic and i didnt want to clickbait any sci-fi junkies so i decided on an extremely long but fitting title yAy

11) the next chapter is an epilogue.

12) also, this was supposed to be a real lengthy fic with about five parts and five sub-parts but i realized it was better to just summarize everything through letters bc A. it's easier and B. taehyung's gonna write letters alongside the third-person narration anyways so why suffer?

13) what really drove me to push-through with the idea was a headcanon i had about churchboy jimin and bangtan living in north carolina and since that dream didnt come true, i might try making that into a separate fic (a one-shot, i mean, 'cause i cant write full-length fics anymore. tbh what arre full-length fics anyway? shit. u tell me.)

14) no but actually, it was taehyung's voice that did me in. don't he sound like he lived through every war??

15) 愛してる : i love you

16) i honestly wanted the writer (of the letter)'s voice to fit into how any intellectual would sound in that period but i obvs failed. made for good laughs didnt it, though? plus!! i didnt want everything to be so emotional but you know me, i live for those feelings and i used to live for vkook until vmin came and took me by the neck, asking what the fuck i was doing to myself okay fr bYe

sorry if this is so long.

pls never forget that you're the reason why i continued this fic and that im eternally grateful and i think you're one of the greatest people out there. thank you so much, friend ♡

 thank you so much, friend ♡