Chapter 1

Talk of the new kid had spread quickly around school in the last few days. Many rumors spread with it. The basics like, he was a boy and he would be in my grade. Then stuff like, he smoked a shit ton of pot and was bisexual. I, for one, didn't see why any of that mattered.

Nonetheless, my alarm went off at 7:00 on Thursday morning. Naturally, I groaned and rolled over, turning my alarm off. I knew I had 45 minutes until I had to leave for school, but I'd do what I did every morning and wait until I had 5 minutes left.

First thing's first, I went to the kitchen and started making some coffee. My mom had left me a note of the counter, 'Have fun at school, Gee. I'll be home by 8- Mama' I couldn't help but smile. She respected the fact that I was androgynous. I had both male and female qualities, but identify had a male. I had asked her to use Gee instead of Gerard a few years ago.

As my coffee brewed, I walked over to my radio (yes, it was an actual radio) and found a good punk rock station. To my luck, my favorite band was playing, LeATHERMOUTH. I didn't really didn't know much about the band. I only knew their songs and that I was completely in love with the leader singer's voice. I liked to sing myself, but I never was really public about it. The beautiful voice and sick guitar riffs hyped me up, so up the volume went. I headbanged all the way back to my coffee, and stopped headbanging for a moment to drink. I took my coffee into my room and got ready early. I decided to wear my girls' uniform today. In my first year of high school they asked what uniform I wanted, I asked for both. I was surprised when they gave them to me, but they warned me of the bullying I might get. I didn't care about bullying, I just wanted to be me. I slipped on my navy blue stockings and skirt. The song ended and another song by LeATHERMOUTH started playing. Lucky me.

I was dressed and now combing through longish black hair. I poked my head out of the bathroom to check my clock. I still had 20 minutes and I could walk out the door the way looked now! I threw my comb down and lightly headbanged over to my bag. I knew had I finished everything expect a major project, but that was due in 2 weeks and I was almost done with it. I took my bag into the kitchen as the next song ended and yet another LeATHERMOUTH song started up! Maybe they would play the band until I left? I tossed my bag over to the door and picked up my heeled boots. I put those on and decided to complete today's look with something I never had time for; makeup.

I hurried back into the bathroom excitedly and took out my makeup bag. I practiced my makeup on the weekend, but giving myself 5 minutes to get ready for school didn't include a makeup routine. I applied foundation that I knew was 2 shades too light for my skin tone, some red eyeshadow and heavily eyeliner, mascara, and my favorite red lipstick and I was done and very pleased. Damn, I looked hot as a chick. What I hadn't noticed is that the song ended and another was playing, some band called My Terrible Romantic or whatever. They were an okay band but the lead singer was awful in my opinion, his voice was so nasally. I don't know how he got so popular.

I still had 10 minutes before I had to go. I couldn't stand to listen to the music anymore and it gave me more time to "help" Bert with his homework. I grabbed my leather jacket from the closet, smoothed my skirt, and pulled my bag onto my back. I turned the radio off on the way out and started my 10 minute walk to school.

I hurried into the library where Bert was every morning. He looked surprised to see me so early. "You're already here?" He asked.

"I was in a good mood this morning," I shrugged. "Did you try to do any of your homework or do you intend on copying all of mine?"

"Actually, I finished 2 pages by myself!" He exclaimed. My eyes widened and I set my bag down on a table.

"Really? Which ones?" I asked, genuinely surprised. Since the 2 month of highschool, Bert has always copied my homework, almost every morning. We were seniors now, and I don't think Bert has ever done a paper independently.

Bert tossed his head back in laughter. "Girl, you actually thought I did my homework?" I chuckled, of course he didn't. I also appreciated the fact that he's always called me 'girl' instead of 'dude' or 'man.' Another thing he's done since we became friends way back in freshman year.

I took my homework binder out and set it next to him. He opened it and flipped through the pages until he settles one and started copying. I was a straight A student, Bert was an A-B student. Not solely because I "helped" him with homework, Bert was incredibly intelligent. He just didn't bother to do the class work or homework. He aced every test, always raised his hand to answer, the reason he wasn't a straight A student is because he got so bored with the class work, he just didn't do it and got zeros.

The bell rang at 8:20, Bert had finished before then so we had just been talking about this new kid. We walked together to our lockers and split up for homeroom. I sat in my usual seat, already gaining a few stares and whispers. I always shrugged them off, as long as nobody tried anything with me, I was fine. There was a face I didn't recognize. This could only be the new kid. I know it didn't seem like it to most, but I was a very social kid. I liked talking to people and making new friends...most of the time. So I got up from my seat, seeing as the teacher wasn't here yet, and I walked over to the new kid.

"Hello! My name's Gee!" I said enthusiastically. The kid looked up at me. I was only a few inches taller than him. He pushed his dreadlocks out of the way, revealing a nose and lip ring. He smirked.

"Frank. Nice to meet you," He said without extending a hand. I could live with that.

"Where did you move from? You're the new kid, right?" I asked.

He nodded. "I got kicked out of my other school for smoking too much pot," He stated. Well, there was one thing everyone got right. "My parents are pretty loaded, so I got sent here. My last school isn't too far from here."

"It's nice to meet you, Frank. I'll see you around," I said before returning to my seat. As soon as I sat down, the teacher, Mr. Colby, walked in and began the lesson.