Chapter 3

"Frank!" I screamed. I dropped my stuff and ran to him and Bob. I pushed passed my friends and they yelled at me as I passed.

    Frank and Bob were wrestling in the dirt and I saw blood trickling from Frank's nose. Bob's eye was swelling shut, but I only cared about Frank. I got on the ground too, as much as I hated being dirty, and tried to pry Frank away from Bob. He kept throwing punches and my tears kept rolling.

    "Frank, just stop! Please!" I pleaded.

He eventually gave in, just as Bob threw a punch which hit me square in the jaw. I fell back, completely shocked from the blow.

"That's fucking it!" Frank yelled. Lucky for Bob, Brendon and Ray dragged Frank back. Bob scrambled up and sprinted across campus.

I held my cheek, the pain flowing to my jaw. I hadn't realized the tears streaking down my dust covered face until now either. Frank looked at me, worry etched in his features. He had a purple bump growing on his forehead, a split lip, a bloody nose, and a bruise on his cheek. He pushed Brendon and Ray off himself and came over to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head, but still held my cheek. He slowly took my hand away from my jaw and furrowed his eyebrows in anger.

"I-I'm okay, Frank, really," I said.

"You shouldn't have gotten involved," He mumbled. He stroked my jaw with his thumb and I leaned into his touch.

"Have you seen yourself?" I asked. "You look terrible."

He laughed a weird hiccup laugh. Jesus, he had a pot laugh. "I'm fine. I've been in worse fights."

He stood up and held his hand out. I took it and he hoisted me up with ease. I noticed that all of my friends had left, and that I also had a text.

Dallon: We thought we'd leave you two alone. Text me when you get home.

"Son of a bitch," I grinned and put my phone away. Frank raised an eyebrow at me, I waved him off with my hand. "Want to go to my house?"

"Why?" He asked. There's that sick feeling again...

"W-well I meant...I could help with your nose and wounds and stuff," I blushed. He smirked.

"I'm just joshing you, Gee," Frank laughed. I looked up at him with a small smile and took his hand.

"Let's go, then!" I exclaimed and started dragging him to my house.

I opened the door and pulled him in. I walked over to the sink cabinet and pulled out my mom's first bag. I unzipped it and set it on the counter.

"So...um, I have no idea what to do here," I giggled nervously. He smiled and came over to me.

"You want to clean the wounds of dirt, then disinfect them, and then wrap them," He said. "I'd sit down somewhere, but I don't want to get dirt everywhere."

I just noticed that he had dirt all over his uniform. "Well, if you take your shoes off you can go to my room and grab some clean clothes."

He nodded and took off his shoes. I led him down the hall to my room and pushed the door open.

"You can wear whatever you want. Even the girly clothes," I said. He laughed but I gave him a serious look.

"Oh. Well, okay!" He said enthusiastically.

I grinned and walked back to the kitchen. I grabbed a cloth and all the stuff that looked like it would clean Frank's wounds.

Frank walked back into the kitchen wearing one of my LeATHERMOUTH shirts and a pair of ripped skinny jeans. The jeans fit perfectly but the shirt was a little loose on his small, muscular frame.

"Did you pick that shirt out randomly?" I asked. He shook his head and pulled a chair out from under the table.

"Nope. I guess you could say I'm a pretty big fan of the band. I had no idea that you liked the band though. He don't really come across as a punk chick or punk dude."

I started carefully wiping the dirt and dust off his face with the was cloth. He had a lot of dirt on his face.

"Are you kidding? They're my favorite band!" I exclaimed with a giggle. "And you're telling me you didn't see all my black clothes and collars?"

He laughed. "I was just assuming you were a kinky gothic."

"I say what's the difference," I said as I walked over to the counter and grabbed disenfectant wipes.

"You know I could probably take you to a LeATHERMOUTH concert. I hear they're having a concert here in town," He says. I stopped, mid cleaning his wounds, and stare him dead in the eye.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Of course! I can get us tickets," He says. I squeal and hug him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Frank chuckled lightly and I pulled away from him. I went back to disenfecting his cuts and finally dressed them. The clock read about 4:30.

"Do you have any place to be tonight?" I asked. "You could hang out here for a little bit. I could wash your clothes, make some food..."

"I never have plans," He said. "But yeah, I'd love to stay for a while. You don't need to make food or wash my clothes or anything like that. I can do both when I get home."

"Nonsense!" I said. "I'm a kind hostess!"

Before he could protest, I turned the TV on and scooped up his clothes and walked to the laundry room. I started a load, but remembered to check pockets. There were a few coins and bills, a piece of paper, and a weird pin. I set them aside and started the washing machine.

I walked back into the living room and handed Frank the items. He handed the money back to me.

"This is your stuff, Frank."

"Keep it, it's for hospitality."

I shrugged and took the money. If there was one thing I've learned, it's never turn down money.

We watched TV for while, talked about random things, and I had gotten up a few times to get snacks and drinks. I dozed off around 6, but intended to wake up a few minutes later. Instead, I woke up at 10:30 and in my bed, not on the couch. I rolled over and found a note on my bedside table. You looked too peaceful to wake up. So carried you upstairs before I left. Tonight was nice, thanks again. I'll see you tomorrow ~F.I. I physically squealed and hugged the note to my chest. I had just met this boy, but I was already so in love.

I fell asleep not too long after that and woke up to my 7 o'clock alarm and dishes clanging in the kitchen. I dragged myself out of bed and to the bathroom. I groaned seeing I had forgotten to take my makeup off. I wiped my face clean and trudged downstairs. I was surprised that my mom was still here, but remembered that se had Fridays off nowadays.

I walked over to the coffee pot and mumbled a "good morning" to my mother. She bit her lip and made no comment. Which was weird, she was always one to talk a lot. After I got my coffee, she asked me a question.

"Gee, baby, did you sleep with the boy that was here last night?"