Trying to help

Emma went to find her friends, as soon as Henry and his aunt were out of sight. She wasn't sure where to look, but she had some idea. Wandering all over the mall, she found them having a coffee. Her intuition was right.

"Hey Em!" They both said in union.

"Come sit with us." Belle gestured on an empty chair next to her.

"So... Where have you been?" Ruby asked, although she already knew the answer. They have been best friends for years, so they knew each other really well.

"I think you know..." the blonde gave her a cheeky smile.

"The game store?"

"Yup" Emma replied. "And what have you guys been up to, while I was gone?" Both of her friends turned red and looked at each other nervously, not knowing what to say. Emma got the hint quickly and decided to stop them from answering. "By the look on your faces, I don't want to know..."

"Did you buy something?" Belle asked to change the subject.

"No, I didn't got the chance." The young blonde replied, thinking about the little boy.

"What do you mean?" Ruby asked confused. Emma explained the whole situation, while her friends were listening with interest.

"So... You helped him find his aunt? Belle asked after Emma finished.

"Yeah, he was so adorable. I couldn't say "no" to him." The blonde smiled.

"Okay, so shall we go?" Ruby asked.

"Yey! Let's go home!" Emma exclaimed happily, getting up from her chair.

"Uh uh..." Ruby stopped her. "We're going to pick something for you."

"Ugh fine!"
-------------------------------

Once home, Emma fell on the couch with really loud sigh. She was tired and her feet were killing her. Her friends, on the other hand, were completely fine.

"Hey Em! Belle and I wanted to go for a walk around campus, you wanna go with us?" Ruby teased. The blonde picked up a pillow from beside her and threw it on her fried. The pillow hit Ruby right in the face.

"I guess that means no, Ruby..." Belle laughed at her girlfriend. "Let's go."

Emma was relived, when the door finally closed. The blonde relaxed more into the couch. Glancing over the clock, she found out it's almost 6 pm. They spend the whole day in the mall?! All of sudden her phone rang.

"Agh what now?" Emma asked annoyed, while she was trying to find the phone in her back.

"Yeah?" The blonde asked harshly.

"Oh sorry honey, should I call later?" Her fathers voice asked a little disappointed.

"No! No, I'm sorry dad, I just had a long day. I thought Ruby's calling to piss me off." Emma explained.

"I see... Well how are you? Do you like it there?" David asked once more. He missed his daughter terribly and wanted to know as much as possible about her.

"Yeah it's great, the school is kind of hard, but it's nothing I couldn't deal with." Emma assured him with a smile, but he couldn't see that, of course.

"That's great sweetheart!"

"And how are things in Storybrooke? How's mom?" Emma lived in that town since she was born and her childhood there was unforgettable. 

"Mom's... Mom is okay. She misses you greatly, we both do..." His voice was quiet and full of sorrow. "But we're happy when you're happy! And going to that university was your dream." David added, sounding a lot more enthusiastic.