Chapter 6- Morning Jog

I be sure to get up a half hour early. Just so I can eat a big breakfast. And by big breakfast, I mean a bowl of corn flakes.

As I'm eating my cereal, I can't help but notice I'm getting butterflies again. But what if Tom bails again? "Wow, Rose," I say quietly aloud. "Now you're just being mean. It wasn't his fault..."

I have a bad habit of talking to myself. I do it quite often, even if people are around. Kate and Tom think I'm a little crazy, and I don't blame them. Maybe in two years time, I'll be in an asylum. At least there they have those fun rooms that are practically made of cushions. I'd have too much fun in one of those if you gave me a straight jacket.

I finish up my food and place the bowl in the sink, deciding to do it later. Then I decide to get dressed. I remember one year for my birthday Tom got me a matching pair of sweats and a top for jogging, and he was super excited, asking me to start going on jogs with him. I never did, though, which makes me feel a little bad. This will be the second time I've ever jogged with him, and the second time I've worn these clothes. I'm so mean to him... And I hate myself for it. Maybe I'll have to apologize to him for it.

After I have on the jogging clothes, I put on deodorant. Lots of it. I'll probably sweat a lot as well. And swear. Mostly at Tom for being so fast and good at jogging.

Sooner than I realize, Mrs. C calls up to me that I have a visitor. I quickly put on my tennis shoes and leave my flat, going downstairs.

And there he is, standing tall in black sweats and a blue shirt. He has a brightness in his eyes while he's smiling. And here comes the butterflies.

"H-Hi," I mumble.

"Brought your coffee," he tells me. "Ready to go?"

I quickly snap out of my thoughts, going back to the normal Rose. The one who doesn't have a crush on her best friend. "Yeah." Tom hands me the coffee. "Thanks."

We leave the flat. "No smart remark?" Tom asks, raising an eyebrow lightly. "Are you still upset?"

"No, I'm not upset. I've just been starting to realize how rude I am to you. Sorry about that."

"Ehehehe!" Tom throws back his head lightly, laughing.

I stare at him, wondering what's wrong. "What?" I ask.

Tom pulls himself back together, still grinning at me. "You're not rude, darling. You just enjoy your sarcastic and snappy remarks. I find it amusing."

"I, uh..." I'm not sure how to reposed to that.

"Well, lets get going, shall we?" He ruffles my hair lightly, making me scowl. "See? There's the Rose I know!"

I take a drink of my coffee to stop myself from snapping at him. Ugh, stop being so happy all the time, will you, Tom?

We start to walk. Yes, walk. We don't actually start to job until we get to a place where's there's less people.

"So I see you're wearing the outfit I got you," Tom points out.

"Oh, yeah. I wear it all the time," I lie.

He smirks. "Then what's this?" I feel his hand touch the back of my neck ever so slightly causing me to feel warmness on my cheeks. He pulls at my shirt and shows me a tag he must have just ripped off. It has the price on it and everything. That makes me blush even more, laughing nervously.

"Ehehe! Are you blushing?"

I can't even look up at Tom's smiling face. I fear I'll blush more. I've never felt this way around him before. I feel.. Girly. Like a giddy little school girl who is talking to the most popular boy in school. "No!" I protest. "I'm just really hot.. It's hot out."