Epilogue

Tom exits the bathroom wearing a fitted T-shirt, sweatpants, and a towel around his neck. He was surprised when he didn't hear anything in the hotel room. No TV noises, no music, to talking. He thought Rose would at least put on music from her phone or a movie from Netflix.

"Rose?" He calls out. No answer. Did she fall back asleep? He thinks to himself. Have headphones in? Head to the store?

He walks into the living room and looks around, pursing his lips. "Where is she?" He murmurs aloud. While drying his hair with the towel, he wanders around the room. She's not in the living room. Not in the kitchen. Not in the bathroom, nor in the bedroom. She wasn't even out on the balcony.

That's when he noticed it. He noticed two things, in fact. One: All of her things were gone, and two: on the coffee table laid the purple amethyst on a silver chain.

Tom's heart sunk, an expression of despair crossing his face. He felt as if his feet each weighed a ton. With some effort, he brought himself to the table, picking up the paper underneath Rose's necklace.

He originally thought the situation couldn't have gotten any worse, but as he read further into the note, he realized he was wrong. Not only did his heart feel heavy, but it's almost as if it... stopped.

By the end of the note, he wasn't sure how he should feel. He didn't want to believe it was true. He wanted it to just be a joke. A cruel joke. He wanted Rose to just walk into the room, a cute grin on her pretty face and say, 'Just kidding, Tom! I totally got you! You should have seen the look on your face!' But that didn't happen. Without bothering to hope for it to be a joke, he stood up and ran out of the hotel room, dropping the towel onto the floor. He quickly ran down the flights of stairs, still tightly clutching the note, a look of concentration on his face. He had to catch her.

His heart was pounding loudly as he reached the lobby, and his blue-grey eyes quickly scanned the room. No Rose. He continued running, not caring who saw, onto the street, frantically looking for the dark-haired girl. Someone called his name from the lobby, but it wasn't her voice, therefore, he didn't care.

"Tom!" The voice yelled again as the person came closer. It was Jackie, looking frustrated and confused. "What on earth are you doing? Where's Rose?"

Tom clenched his jaw, his back still to Jackie. Then he turned on his heel, practically shoving the note at her with a small amount of fierce-ness he immediately regretted. "She's gone."

~~~~

Yes, this is the final chapter for Just Your Average Love Story.  Sort of sad in a way, isn't it? Oh well. 

So I've already planned out a sequel to this story, but I'm not sure if I should post it yet until enough people read and actually enjoy my story. I wouldn't really want to add another book to Wattpad if no one was going to read it xP. So if you guys do want a sequel, I guess you're going to have to let me know in the comments! :D And for all of you that have reached this point -meaning you've actually read my entire book, even through the boring parts- I thank you very much!  -K