Chapter 33- A Walk in the Rain

As we step out onto the street, a light rain drizzled down from the sky, and I could tell that it would be getting dark soon. I gently pull my hand out of Tom's grasp and walk out into the rain, smiling. The cool rain felt nice and relaxing against my skin.

Tom quickly pulls out his umbrella, fumbling to get it open. 'Rose, wait for me to get the umbrella open!"

I close my eyes, tilting my head back. Then I open my arms as if I'm about to hug someone, ignoring the weird looks I am receiving from the people walking by. "Join me," I say. "We can walk home in the rain."

Tom smiles and walks to me, no longer messing with the umbrella. He doesn't stop until his face is only inches from mine. "But what if you catch a cold?"

"I won't Tom. C'mon, stop being a party-pooper. I love walking in the rain."

"Alright, alright." He carefully tucks a strand of my damp hair behind my ear, and I can't help but admire how wonderful he looks at the moment. His golden-brown curls are collecting droplets from the rain, and so is his leather jacket. His eyes look cheery and bright, and really seem to contrast against this dark, rainy day. Just seeing those eyes makes me feel a million times better. And his smile... His smile is my reason to live. My reason to get out of bed each and every day. Plus those cheekbones of his... A few droplets of water run down his cheek and down his neck.

"Darling? You still with me?" He asks, smirking.

I nod slowly, suddenly coming back to reality. "Yeah. I'm with you."

There weren't as many people on the street now, and I felt a rush of coldness run through my body as the rain continues to fall.

I'm almost certain we are going to kiss, but Tom pulls away, grabbing my hand instead. "Come on. Let's go."

I nod and we begin to run. Why we ran, I have no clue. And I guess it was more like jogging really.

~

Tom hurriedly shuts the door behind us, letting out a laugh. How weird we must have looked to everyone in the lobby. Breathless, soaked to the bone, and staring at each other like two young people in love.

I sit on the edge of the couch, laughing lightly along with Tom. I wrap my arms around myself in an effort to keep warm. He is by my side at an instant, wrapping an arm around me, no doubt trying to conjure heat. I grin, leaning closer to him. "Ah, thank you," I say softly. "Maybe walking back in the rain wasn't that great of an idea, after all."

"You think?" He teases. "Here, take off that sweatshirt, it's soaked."

He carefully helps me pull off both my soaked coat and sweatshirt, leaving only a tank-top. Tom takes off his jacket.

"I'll be right back, I'm going to turn on the heat." He gets up to tamper with the heating box, and while he's gone, I kick off my shoes as well. When he returns, he sits down. Instead of putting his arm around me like last time, he gently kisses me, his hand cupping my cheek. When he pulls away, he lets out a breath, looking down.

"Is that all I get?" I murmur, feeling cold once again.

Tom's eyes flicker from my eyes down to my lips, and he goes in for another kiss. This one is less gentle and more affectionate. His arms wrap around my waist as he pulls me closer to him, his body heat warming me. My hands trail from his shoulders to his thick, curly locks of hair, gripping the wet strands tightly.

He lets out a groan, tilting his head back. "Ah, not so harsh, darling."

My cheeks flush, and I release my grip on his hair altogether. "Oh, I'm sorry..."