Regret

Riku sighed then put his face into his hands. What did he just do? Sora was probably really mad at him. He couldn't bear the thought of Sora leaving him. Riku felt something break inside of him when that thought crossed his mind. He regretted doing that to Sora. How could he do something so selfish? Why didn't he think of the position he was putting Sora in? Sora's crying face flashed across Riku's mind, what if he made him that upset? Riku shot up and barged through the door, stepping on a few of Sora's items in the process. He couldn't leave things like this, he had to apologize.

             He bounded down the stairs to find Sora making a nest on the sofa. Sora looked up to find the source of the noise on the stairs, but as soon as he saw Riku he looked away embarrassed. "Listen Sora...I" Sora held up his hand to silence him. "It's fine Riku..." Sora was looking at the floor, trying to focus on anything but Riku. Riku took a step toward him but immediately regretted it when Sora twitched away from him. Riku felt something else shatter inside of him. "Can we talk about this later, please?" Sora asked pleadingly.

                "But..." Riku's desperate voice made Sora look up. "It's fine you can sleep in my room tonight, just leave me alone right now okay?" Riku could tell that the conversation had ended. "At least let me take the couch then..." Sora handed him the blanket without looking at him and quickly went up the stairs to his room, not wanting to argue.

                          Riku sighed and sat onto the plush couch. At least he had tried. He fell onto the comfortable pillows hoping that he would be able to force himself to sleep. He stared at the ceiling tracing the dots for hours with Sora on his mind. How was he going to make it up to him? Would he forgive him? Why was his neck so soft against his lips? Riku physically slapped himself at that thought "I will never do that to Sora again." He promised himself. Even though his mind was running a million miles an hour sleep soon overtook his senses. He once again found himself alone in darkness. He turned around expecting to see Sora, but this time that familiar beam of light did not greet him. A horrible sense of dread rushed through him as he realized Sora would not come this time. He woke up in a cold sweat while gasping for air.

                   He began to calm down when he saw the familiar layout of Sora's living room. He took a few deep breaths before getting up to start the day. He went upstairs to Sora's room and silently peeked in through his doorway. Sora was sleeping peacefully curled up in a ball. Riku shut the door to make sure he wouldn't wake him up then decided to use his shower. He knew Sora wouldn't mind.

                      Riku meandered into the bathroom where he took his clothing off and put his hair into a pony tail. He turned the water on extra hot to wake himself up, as soon as the temperature was too his liking he stepped into the shower letting the water roll off his sleek body. He sighed as he let his muscles finally relax. He washed his body letting the dirt rinse off with the water. He went to grab the shampoo when he heard the door to the bathroom open. He turned around to investigate the noise to find Sora looking dumbstruck in a towel with fresh clothes in his hands. Riku and Sora stared at each other for a short while before Sora turned beet red and quickly ran out of the bathroom yelling "My bad!" Riku stared at the now closed door confused. Sora had seen him naked multiple times, why did he react like that now? Riku let the steam from the shower roll off his body trying keep the image of Sora in a towel blushing out of his mind. Needless to say, it didn't work.

                    Why was this happening now? Riku pondered. Everything was fine the way it was before, why did he have to ruin everything? Riku gazed at his glistening hands. Why did he touch Sora in that way? He sighed. He knew he loved Sora, but he just now realized he loved him in a physical way too. But would Sora want that? Riku was pretty sure Sora had no intentions of doing those things with him. He buried his feelings as far as they could go, no way in hell would he bother Sora just for his selfish desires.

                       Riku finished up his showering process then emerged into the dining room where Sora was eating a bowl of sugary cereal. Sora looked away as soon as Riku entered the room, gazing into his corn flakes. Riku sat across from Sora in hopes to get his attention. "So, are you ready to go to the kingdom?" Riku asked hoping to distract the younger boy. Sora immediately perked up, "Yeah! I can't wait to see all my friends!" Sora then happily began to talk about all his plans and activities he was going to do with his pals. Riku couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealously as Sora talked so gleefully about his other friends. At least he was talking to him.

                       Sora and Riku ate the rest of their breakfast then decided to finish their packing before the Gummi Ship arrived to take them to the kingdom. Not a moment later after they finished, the Gummi Ship appeared with Kairi waving at them in the passenger seat. As soon as Sora and Riku opened the doors Kairi started to chatter about the different outfits she brought, Riku was only half listening. They clambered into the ship and as soon as they were safely inside, the engine revved into hyper drive and blasted them on their way to the kingdom.