Chapter 8

Beyoncé

I sat at an empty table patiently waiting for my food. I was at Five Guys and I'd ordered a takeaway for me on my way home from work. I'd had such a long day and I was due to get back onto the Carter Case. I hadn't seen the nigga in days but I was happy with that because after the way he'd treated me I didn't want to be anywhere near him.

"Hey,"I looked up from scrolling through my Instagram feed and saw a face that was familiar but I couldn't put a name to. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"Hi,"I said in my Texan accent.

"Can I sit here?"

"I'm sorry but I don't remember your name,"I smiled.

"I'm Cassie, Jay's younger sister,"I nodded and then remembered her. She defended me when the other bitch started running her mouth.

"Oh Cassie! I'm sorry. Of course you can sit down,"she sat down at the table and played with her fingers. "So how are you?"I asked making conversation.

"I'm good. I've got dance competitions coming up and I got solos,"she beamed.

"You dance?"she nodded.

"I love to dance."

"Me too, I've been dancing since I was a little girl,"I giggled.

"Since I was three I've been dancing. I used to dance with my mom almost every single day before she got ill,"she looked down biting her lip. A little girl with wild hair came running up to us and sat on Cassie's lap. I think her name was Morocco, the youngest of the Carters.

"Hey...Morocco?"

"Hi Ms Beyoncé,"she smiled.

"How are you doing?"

"Fine but our mom is still in hospital. The doctor said that she's in 'critical condition' and needs to stay in hospital for a bit,"she blurted out and Cassie tapped her with a frown.

"Oh...I'm sorry to hear that,"I looked at Cassie.

"It's fine. Our mom's a fighter. I know she's gonna get through this,"she weakly smiled.

"Well well well,"I heard behind me and I turned around. Jay was standing there with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

"I should've known you were here,"I mumbled.

"Girls go into the car and wait for me,"he instructed Cassie and Morocco. Morocco took the takeaway bags and Cassie took the car keys leaving the fast food restaurant.

"Bye Ms Beyoncé,"they said and I waved at them. When they left I stood up and walked away.

"Beyoncé,"he chuckled.

"What?"I grumbled. I was off duty so I didn't need to be nice to him and suck up to him.

"How bout we go out to dinner? My way of apologizing for my actions. I can even let you decide where we go,"he said tryna sound charming.

"It's not working for you Jay. Why don't you just say 'sorry' instead?"

"No can do,"he said sounding cocky as hell and I rolled my eyes.

"Then this 'dinner' you're talking about is something I can't do too,"I put my hand on my hip.

"Why you tryna play hard to get ma?"he smirked moving closer to me.

"Because I'm 'hard to get' and I don't go for guys like you."

"What are guys like me?"he moved even closer.

"The bad guys,"I breathed. He bit his lip smirking.

"Excuse me miss are you alright?"a random man asked me.

"Yeah she aight now get back in line before I pimp slap you,"Jay spat and the man frowned.

"I wasn't talking to you."

"Why you cryin my nigga?"Jay laughed and started walking backwards to the entrance. "I'll text you later Beyoncé,"he called out before leaving. I sighed and looked at the man.

"Some men huh?"I awkwardly chuckled.

"That's not a man ma'am. That's a boy tryna get with a beautiful woman like you. You don't need fools like him,"he gestured to the door and I warmly smiled. His voice was soothing and his looks handed him an extra point.

Judging by his appearance he was a slightly older man but he was unquestionably eye candy. My kinda chocolate.

"Thank you,"I thanked him.

"Will you be alright? Do I need to walk you to your car or sumn?"he asked making me feel safe.

"I'll be fine thanks,"I collected my food.

"Uh I'll love to have your number ma'am. You seem like a nice person,"he stepped forward.

"I don't give my number out to strangers,"I gave a sorry smile.

"How about I give you my number and you can call me any time?"he pushed and I had to agree with him. He wrote his number on a piece of paper and I took it from his hand.

"I'll be sure to call you some time soon,"I smiled. I knew damn well I wasn't about to call him. My schedule was too jam-packed to be worrying about a man. This mission to catch Jay out got me even more stressed and busy.

Nevertheless he smiled at me.

"I'll see you some time soon,"I waved bye at him and left the restaurant to make my way home.

UndercoverOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara