Age 14

Dear Papa,
Everyone was right! High school is like a breath of fresh air after the prison of middle school. I've made friends! Most of them are sophomores, but a few are juniors and seniors. I've become nicer as well, but I assure you I was only not nice because I had to defend myself from Ginny.

School is great, but hard. I have loads of Geometry homework every night. We have to memorize Theorems and Postulates and definitions for every chapter, then she test is on them AND the math portion. There isn't actually a lot of math, which upsets me. I'm actually pretty great at Algebra. Sometimes I help fellow freshmen who take Algebra I with it. Mommy says that I have to go into a math or science career. I'm fine with that, but she excludes the humanities, which I like too. I'd like to write for science, maybe.

Can you believe that I'm in high school? I can't believe that I haven't seen you for 8 years. It seems like I know you so well, but only because I write you so often. If you're wondering, I never send them. I'm waiting for you to come back to show them to you.

Thank you for your last letter. Of course I understand special circumstances. It was just good to hear from you. I really miss you.

Love,
Natalia