(Bard X Reader) That He Could Call His Wife

For ThorinFiliKili_Bae

Snow fell in great heaps upon the much-beloved Esgaroth. All of the people of Lake Town were bustling about the area. Some shopping, some selling, some preparing to set sail, and others carefully docking their ships. Otherwise, all were going about their daily lives as usual.

Except for one man.

Bard the Bowman made his way through the town hastily. Over his arm he carried his heavy coat, which had a very nasty hole just above the front pocket. Bard was hoping to make his way to the new town seamstress without notice, however the troublesome Alfrid was already preparing to confront him about the matter of his coat.

"Not wearing your nice coat today, I see, aye Bard?" Alfrid laughed terribly as he mocked his neighbor's situation.

"Be gone with you, Alfrid," Bard growled. He proceeded to push past the town's very own witless slime, not bothering to take notice that he had crushed Alfrid's foot along the way.

"Gah!" Alfrid yelped, massaging his foot while still wearing his musty boot, "Angry today, are we?"

"I said leave me be, Alfrid."

Alfrid wished to have continued to bother his neighbor, however once he saw the small dagger beginning to omit from Bard's pocket, he squealed and hurriedly slithered away, leaving Bard to continue his short trek in peace.

Upon reaching the home of the young town seamstress, Bard knocked lightly upon the door.

He had expected to see a typical Esgaroth woman, with a normal appearance and average clothing, but instead the woman who had opened the door was the most beautiful woman who he had ever seen.

Bard gaped as he examined her (h/l) (h/c) hair which he thought immensely rivaled even Thranduil's. And he nearly gasped upon seeing the brightness in her enchanting (e/c) eyes. He was too stunned to speak for quite a long while.

"Excuse me?"

Bard hurriedly forced his trance to leave him upon hearing the woman calling up to him with concern. He peered down upon her and saw her watching him worriedly. He sighed and shook his head.

"Sorry about that. Err...would you be the town seamstress by chance?" The question was foolish, for the whole town knew where everyone lived and worked. However, Bard's embarrassment prevented him from considering how he would carry on the current conversation.

"Yes. I'm (Y/N) (L/N). And...you are?"

She seemed to have a certain feel about her. Kind, yet many would have guessed that she was a skilled warrior as well. Bard began to feel slightly light headed.

"My name is Bard."

"And...what can I do for you?" (Y/N) asked suddenly after a long pause.

"I've come to see if you would repair my coat. It has a bit of a tear in it."

Bard placed the ragged coat in her gentle hands and watched as she considered her work. Her eyes widened upon seeing the large hole.

"A bit of a tear, aye?" She laughed and made her way into the building which stood warmly behind her. "I mend this right now, if you will. But, may I ask...what exactly did you do to damage this coat so?"

"Well, as you may know, I am a very hardworking man. And as a result I find myself very...vulnerable to incidents such as the one that you hold in your hands."

(Y/N) laughed as she returned to the doorway. She returned the newly fixed coat to Bard and smiled up at him.

"Pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Bard. If you ever need anything else repaired, I'm always open."