Diya

Written by me and MahekVij

______

"Jab koi baat bigad jaye
jab koi mushkil pad jaye
Tum dena sath mera, o humnava"

Even the television started picking up lines for Diya, who's angry. After all, she has every reason to be angry. On her birthday, I had cancelled our movie trip. She switched off the TV immediately.

After all my futile attempts to convince her, I decided to take the help of Tuffy, our superdog and also our family member. In such tense times between me and Diya, he's my only saviour.

He sat beside me, on the couch, wagging his tale gracefully to the music. I held him in my hands and looking at Diya, I said,

"You know Tuffy, you look beautiful when you're angry. Just like an angry bird. And, I like angry birds".

A slight hint of smile appeared under her angry face. After all, girls love compliments. Don't they?

"Looks like she's still angry. Let us leave her and read our book", I said, picking up the book beside me.

"Your eyes! The most beautiful pair I've ever seen. Criminals, which steal hearts. Those glittering pearls have the power to make time stand still", I read it aloud intentionally, looking at her.

"Are you trying to convince me by flirting with me Mayank?", Diya asked, with a smile clearly evident on her face.

To pretend innocence, I raised my eyebrows slightly and replied, "No, who's flirting? I'm just reading the last page of this novel".

"Wow !! So, who wrote that in yellow pages?", she asked.

Shit!! I was caught red-handed. In a hurry, I picked up the 'yellow pages' instead of a novel.

She almost laughed, but somehow managed to hide that. 'She can be a drama queen', I thought.

As the TV was switched off, I decided to sing that song by myself. Adjusting my voice, I picked up the lines.

"Na koi hai, na koi tha
zindagi mein tumhare siva
Tum dena sath mera, o humnava"

Listening to that, immediately, Tuffy started barking and he escaped from my hands and ran to Diya.

"Perhaps he didn't like that", I said.

We both broke into a big laughter.

Tuffy exactly knows when to leave from there to give us privacy. At least, it is better to think like that than thinking that he was scared because of my song.

"Actually Diya, I had to cancel out movie trip because.." , I said with a grin look.

"Because what?", she asked.

"Because I planned a candle night dinner with you today", I replied with a wink.

"Stupid!! Why didn't you say that earlier?", she asked, almost killing me with the looks.

"As I said before, I like angry birds", I winked again.

She slapped me gently. I too did the same.

"What was that for?" she asked.

Proudly I said, "You know, according to Newton's third law, for every action there will be an opposite reaction. And as an engineer, I can't disobey that law."

With a chuckle, she said, "Oh God! Why did I marry this engineer?"

"We're made for each other Diya". Holding her tightly, I said, "I wish this moment lasts forever".

"Love you", she said, touching her lips with mine.

"Love you too", I said I kissed her in return. Twice, thrice and kept on kissing her.

"Mr. Engineer, where did your Newton's law go now?", she asked, laughing loudly.

"You know Diya, Newton can be wrong sometimes. What does Newton know about love? After all, he's a bachelor. I'm the Newton of love", I said laughing.

"If you're this nerdy, I might leave you one day", she said teasingly.

"Never even think of that", I replied, closing her mouth with my hands.

During our dinner, she said, "Honey remember, if I were ever angry, just get me a red rose. It'll melt my anger right away".

A year passed. Just like the previous year, she was not talking this time too. Even Tuffy couldn't solve this. Tuffy and I stood silently, waiting for her reply, in front of her grave.

"You said one rose is enough to melt your anger. I brought you a whole bouquet of red roses.

Why are you still angry? Why?" I shouted, resting my face on the grave.

_____

How's the story friends?