Chapter 4: Being a Warrior

"Hey! Wake up sleepy-head! It's time to eat!" were the first words I heard when I started blinking. "Sis, how many times do I have to tell you? I get grouchy in the morning if I don't sleep enough!" I hissed back. "Why didn't you sleep well?" Silverkit said, with a curious face. "It's because you always cuddle up around me, and purr loudly when you sleep! Oh, whatever." I snapped. We were now sleeping in our own nests, still in the nursery, but not with Dovewing a lot anymore. She went back to being a warrior, hunting food and patrolling borders, while we were stuck in the stupid camp. Only two more months and we would be apprentices! I want to be a warrior, and my sister should be a medicine cat! That will make her calmer... "Hey sis! What do you wanna be?" I asked her. "A warrior." she replied. "You should be a medicine cat." I told her, "It would make you a little less clumsy and calm.". "Being a warrior will make me better, too." she shot back. "Nope!" I argued. "Yes!" she snapped back. "No!" "Yes!" "No!" "Yes!" Finally, Silverkit stalked out of the den, and picked up a piece of prey on her way back to the nursery. "Hey, let's not argue like that again okay?" she asked. "Okay." I agreed. I guess Silverkit could be a warrior too, it would make her sure-footed when hunting, and calm when border patrolling, and less mouse-brained in general. That means she would be less annoying, too!