Cute 6th Grader Cheer

It was finally lunch time, and I ate rather quickly. Summer knows when I'm stressed or excited I eat quickly, so this wasn't a surprise to her. I slowly walked out onto the field where 6th, 7th, and 8th graders play and hang out. My eyes drifted to a little 6th grader crying on a bench. I felt so sorry for her, so I walked over to her. "You ok kiddo?"

"M-my friends hate me.."

"Why?" I sat down and wrapped my arm around her. "What happened?"

"They keep on saying *sniff* I'm boring, and I don't fit in. They kicked me out..." I had never seen anyone this sad before, it was so heartbreaking to see her cry the way she did. "I can be your friend, I'm here."

"Really?"

"Yes sweetheart, I know how it feels when you need someone with you." She nodded her head and hugged me while crying into my shoulder. I wanted to see what she looked like smiling, and I knew exactly what to do. "I want to see you smile, it'll make me super happy." I began gently tickling her sides, and she squealed with laughter. I almost wanted to giggle with her, it was so darned cute! I stopped, and then heard something I never thought I'd hear. "That was fun! I want to do it again, if you want." She smiled and I giggled before putting her in my lap and tickling her underarms. She was so cute laughing the way she was. Every time I stopped, she would ask politely for more. We started hanging out every day during breaks, and we would have our tickle rituals. Her name is Emma, a 12 year old golden retriever. She hung out with me one day during lunch and asked me an interesting question. "Mari, are you ticklish?"

"Oh, yes I'm very ticklish!"

"Do you like it when others tickle you?"

"Actually, yes, I just don't admit it."

"Where are you most ticklish?"

"Will you promise to keep it a secret?"

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye."

"Ok...*whispers* my belly button. But don't tell anyone, everyone tries to tickle me anyway."

"I'll keep it a secret, if you allow me to tickle you there."

"Deal!" I never told ANYONE my sweet spot, so I really trusted her. She was like the little sister I never had! The bell rang and I was off to history class.