The Accident

It was summer break and I wanted to hang out with Summer and the others for one big summer party!!! But then, I saw something that completely destroyed me. Vivian and Helen got in a fight with Summer and were physically fighting her! I watched in horror and when they stopped she said the words I never wanted to hear.
"No!!! I don't like Maritza!!! She is emotionally unstable like her father, and quiet like her mother!"
    I couldn't hear the rest, but I was in complete pain and agony....why would my best friend say that?
     I went into my room and cried for hours, then I got a sad idea. I took the pocket knife out from my drawer and started slitting my wrists. I cut as much as I could before my phone rang...it was Summer. "Hello?"

"Maritza! I'm so sorry about what happened out there, they were pressuring me and I stood my ground! I'm so sorry!" I came to realize she never meant it, and it was and accident! But then I felt myself get dizzy and everything blacked out...
     I woke up in the hospital, and my mother was beside me. "Why did you do it?"

"Get out..."

"Honey, please-"

"I said go!!!!"
    She instantly went home and I stayed in the hospital crying silently. A nurse walked in. "Hello dear, how are you feeling?"

"Better, thanks..."

"Well, you have a friend here to visit."
Summer walked in with tears in her eyes. Nurse walked out and Summer began to sob. "Mari! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have said all those things! I hurt you so much! Please forgive me, I'll do anything!"
I had never seen Summer so scared in my life. She was so sad, she was freaking herself out! I saw her inch closer as she tried to explain the fight. I didn't feel for Helen, I felt for Summer, I wanted to kiss her so bad even though she's straight! That was it. I was going to kiss her, no matter what!!!
"Will you ever forgive me? I never meant to hurt you like that! It was all my-!!!!" I kissed her. Long and gentle. It took her a minute but she relaxed and kissed back. It was a moment in heaven for me.