A Day In The Hospital

Summer and I confessed our love for each other and she spent the night with me. I was in absolute heaven! I woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare. It was so bad I began to sob, because in the dream Summer died.
Summer heard me sobbing and got onto the bed. "Shhhh, I'm here. Everything's ok, I'm here." She stroked my head and hugged me. "Do you want me to sing you a lullaby?"

"Mhm."

"🎶 junto a ti Maria cómo niño quiero estar, tómame en tus brazos guíame en mi caminar. Quiero que me eduques qué me enseñes a rezar, hazme transparente lléname de paz. Madre, madre, madre, madre (2x). Gracias madre mía por llevarnos a Jesus, haznos más humildes tan sencillos como tú. Gracias madre mía por abrir tu corazón, porque nos congregas y nos das tu amor. Madre, madre, madre, madre (2x)."
Her lullaby put me to sleep instantly. She didn't go back to the chair she was in, she slept right beside me. I felt a lot safer with her next to me.
We woke up and the nurse walked in. "Good morning dear! We are going to take a blood test to see if you're ok to go home." I honestly didn't want to go home, I don't want to face my mom.
       She took my blood and went to the lab. Me and Summer had a blast! "I was at school yesterday and Helen got a boyfriend!"

"No way! I'm happy for her!"

" I know right?!"
     The nurse walked back in with a sad look. "Dear, I have two things you won't like to hear. One, you have cancer. And two, your mom passed away...you need new parents of your choice."
      I honestly wanted to cry but I couldn't....I was devastated. And I could see Summer tear up. I could hear nothing.....I was in a total state of shock! Then everything went black...