0.4

Bella

"I asked Mal out on a date!" Ben yelled as he barged into Bella's room.

When Bella heard her brother's voice she slightly jolted to a sitting position on her bed.

"I'm sorry, you did what?" Bella asked recovering from her mini heart attack.

"Asked Mal out on a date." He said once again walking and sitting on Bella's bed.

Bella wasn't surprised, she knew from the moment Mal arrived that Ben would eventually fall for her.

"That's nice." She looked up from her book to met her brother's gaze, "It was quite obvious you know."

As little kids, Ben and Bella were always close. They were always together and even shared a room. When Ben turned 12, he became more independent. He moved out of their old shared room and moved into a newly built one. The board games they used to have became documents on How to Run the Kingdom and Being a King 101. They became more distance to each other. When Ben started to date Audrey, he began to realize how much he had pushed his sister away; he had no one to spill his feelings to. He had replaced her for a crown. Eventually, he had made it better; things were slowly starting to go back to how they were when they were younger; when they would tell each other everything.

Ben smiled and looked down to his lap as his sister slowly whispered, "Carlos also might have asked me out on a date."

"That was quite obvious too." Ben chuckled as Bella lightly hit him on the shoulder with the book and laughed along as well. "I mean it's true."

Ben looked down at his watch and put on a sad face. "Hey, I have to go. um, take care of some king stuff. See you tomorrow yeah?"

"Um. Sure. Yeah. Go right ahead. Good luck!" With that Ben left a once again, disappointed Bella.

-

When the next day arrived, Bella was ecstatic. From the moment she woke bounced put of bed and into the shower, she had butterflies in her stomach. She ended up going to Evie for fashion advice, who ended up making her a new dress on the spot.

Evie was also excited for Bella's date with Carlos; not because Carlos was going to be close enough to ensure Mal got the wand, she didn't even think of that. She was excited because her friend had found happiness.

Bella also helped out Mal get ready. Mal, seemed upset about going on a date, to which Bella found strange, but eventually, Mal got over it when Ben showed up.

As Mal left, Bella whispered a 'goodbye and good luck' to her brother who returned the gesture. 30 minutes after her brother left, there was another knock on the door. Bella opened it and revealed a nicely dressed Carlos.

"H-hey." He said, breathlessly, as if he had just been blown away, "You look nice- I mean you always look nice but you look nicer- I mean,"

"You look nice too." Bella giggled at Carlos' comment as he extended his hand out.

"Let's go?"

Bella nodded as they walked off.

-

Carlos was leading the way, picnic basket in one hand and blanket in the other, as he tried to remember a spot Ben had shown him yesterday when asking for advice on the date. Bella was skipping happily behind him, admiring the forest view, trying to remember why it looked so familiar. Carlos finally stopped near a river bank. There was a small white gazebo and it clicked.

"Hey, Ben and I used to have picnics here when we were little. There's a similar structure on the other side of the hill."

Carlos scratched the back of his head sheepishly, "Yeah, Ben told me about that place and this one. He took Mal to the other side and well, we came here. I hope it's not too little. I didn't really know where to-"