first lectures in vet school

Who is the new girl?
Where did she come from
Why is she just resuming

Were part of the numerous questions that floating through the air.
I wheeled my chair to my first lecture room while trying not to collide or make eye contact with anyone. I wheeled the chair to the back of the class and raised it high enough for me to see the board. My eyes took a quick scan of the class,  there were 40chairs which means 80students since a chair could accommodate two people, the class was painted in cream paint and a projector was placed at the center with it reflecting back the image the lecturer wanted us to see.
The board had a picture of the skeleton of a pig and at the bottom page was the name of the lecturer;Dr Tobias Kenneth.

A slim, black haired, medium sized looking man walked in and opened his laptop while muttering something that sounded close to “Good morning class, we shall start this weeks lecture on syndesmology, let's get seated and could somebody......” his head rose up from the laptop and he made eye contact with me.
“there's a new face in my class,  pls come forward and introduce yourself to the rest of the class ”

There was nothing worse than having a panic attack on your first day in school. Deep breath maria, deep breath, i tried remembering everything I had learnt from Dr winters; my shrink.

When i was stable i pulled the lever on my chair,  and wheeled it to the front seat, i could see the shock on everyone's face has they realised i was confined to a chair,  but i just blocked them out.
“ Hi my name is maria....Zachary maria and am the new student ”, i say
“why are you just resuming school ”, Dr Tobias asked
“ I......i was........i was just.....
.....please can i not say it?”, i whispered, tears threatening to burst out any moment now. I could hear the doctor sigh before he looked up.
“okay class,  this is maria and Maria these are your course mates as time goes on you would get to them, you can go”

The lecture went on for the next one hour and i was able to know that there were several ways to classify the joints, and the names of the joints, like the atlanto- axial joint, the stifle joint also known as the knee joint, the cubital joint and lots more.
The day went on with several lecturers coming to teach different courses and by the end of the day i was glad when the lectures finally ended.  I packed my bags and began wheeling my chair out.

I managed to attend my first lectures successfully without having any flash backs,  i mixed the flaked fish into the pasta and stirred. While the food was cooking,  i arranged my books for the next day,  i had some assignment which i began doing but stopped half way to eat.

“maria?”, my aunt called out from the door.
“aunt Alice am in the kitchen, i said while serving my aunt the rest of the pasta, i didn't know she was going to come this early.